Deere 110 Deck Spindle Rebuild

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:21 AM

Gttinkerer, if your SPINDLE SHAFTS are the problem, and you have access to a lathe, you could turn down and sleeve the shafts, or use weld to build them up then turn/grind down to the original od.

As for the pulleys, JDparts will give the dimensions for them. Perhaps you can get them cheaper somewhere else, or find some used of the same dimensions for another application?

I ended up remanufacturing one from McMaster/Carr once for an application (not Deere) where the original part was NLA.
  • GTTinkerer said thank you

#17 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,586 Thanks
  • 3,737 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 04:41 PM

Can we sticky this one to the top of the postings? :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

\Just referenced this while in the garage to rebuild spindles on the deck for the 314.  thank you thank you thank you

:worshippy1: :worshippy1: :worshippy1: :worshippy1: :worshippy1:

• lyall said thank you

#18 LBrush OFFLINE  

• Member No: 49072
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 06:10 PM

I have a 74 110 with a 46" deck.  All the spindles are good except the main.  I tried to work on it this afternoon.  I took the role pin out.  I tried to punch the shaft out but the shaft wouldn't budge.  is it threaded?  I also have a problem with it cutting out momentarily over bumps.  I made the float level higher, but it's still there.  I'll check the wiring next.  I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem.  But the deck spindle is the most needed fix right now as this is my main tractor right now.  Thank you for your help in advance.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#19 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 07:20 PM

LBrush, Welcome to Gttalk, sorry it took so long to get you approved. Your good to go now, so post away!!