Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Ff18 + Other Harrisonville Mo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#31 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 07:15 AM

It doesn't matter what it looks like, so long as it's functional. BTW, it looks fine to me, does a darn nice job.

#32 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:15 PM

I got the rear wheels swapped and mounted today. It is starting to look like a real tractor now. I reversed the wheels, they had like a 3/7 offset or something crazy like that. I didnt really do it for a wider track, I just hate crawling under the tractor to put air in the tires. It is gonna be a tight fit loading it in the truck, 51" outside the tires, the tailgate is around 52.5"

image.jpg

#33 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 07:04 AM

Should be very stable on hills that way! Fun part is having ramps wide enough to catch both the fronts and the rears.

#34 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 07:56 AM

It sure does look mean that way. 3/4" per side isn't a lot of room for error going up ramps.

Sounds like you're going to have to implement the ole "Line it up, close your eyes, pray, and floor it" loading system

#35 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 06, 2012 - 08:38 AM

I shouldnt have to load it that often, I dont plan on taking it off site. I have a dirt ramp to load it in the truck. If do haul it ,I will be useing some kind of attatchment and wont have room for them.

#36 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 11:57 AM

Sounds like it is trailer time to move the tractor. Would be easier than super wide ramps.

#37 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 06, 2012 - 01:01 PM

I picked up a free-bee fixer upper trailer a few years ago. I got the wood replaced and need to get new tires. The hard part is getting inspected by HP to get a title and license. I need to just bite the bullet and buy a good one. I hate spending the money for licinse, taxes, insurance for something I only need a few times a year. I have an old beater farm truck that cost more a year in insurance than it does to buy the gas for it.

#38 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 06, 2012 - 07:06 PM

I had a chance to get a little work out of this one before it got dark. Hauled 400# of pellets to the house and put on a 5.5' rear blade and made a few passes over the driveway. It didnt do too bad on the gravel. It had too much front end weight to pull a full blade of gravel. I am going to replace the nuts with pins so I can pull the weights easier. Tires spun a few times and I had to bump up the blade. I am gonna need to add a rear light before it snows, other than that, I think I'm ready
image.jpg

#39 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 08:06 PM

Maybe a little more weight on the wheels instead of lessening your counterbalance?

#40 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 06, 2012 - 08:17 PM

I am not a big fan of wheel weights.. might do fluid in the tires.
There is a real good chance this thing will get stuck. Jacking it back and forth with the extra rotating mass of wheels weights is hard on the drive line. 50# sand bags on the fenders will do the same thing.

#41 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 14, 2012 - 07:45 PM

I thought I found a front blade for the FF18 6 miles from the house, which out were I live is really something. I cant drive 6 miles and get to the nearest gas station.
It turns out it is for a GT/GTV, I think. I found some info on another site where the FF/GT/GTV front attachments are interchangeable, I'm throwing the BS flag on that one

I can modify it to work. It is set up for the hydraulic lift but it is 3" too narrow to fit my front hitch. It came with the bolt on front hitch , but no handles or lift link. The easy way would be to bolt (or weld) the hitch to the front of the tractor. It might be in the way if I found any more true FF attachments ,so I think I will modify the blade to fit. I am not sure about decoding the sears ser#s but i think it is an '88 blade.

I could use a pic of the remote angle set up and lift link if anyone has one handy. It is a "push to release" which is @ssbackwards to what I am used to seeing.

image.jpg image.jpg

Edited by MH81, March 09, 2013 - 12:31 AM.

#42 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted December 13, 2012 - 10:17 PM

I finally got the blade working tonight. Its a JYD but it works. I ended up doing a right hand angle and a left hand release for the pivot. I had to stretch the blade from a 46" to a 58" to cut wide enough to clear the back tires. Its kinda ugly but it works. I modified the front weight bar to fit the 3ph. Still no snow in the forecast, We should get some rain on Friday, I might have to test it out in the mud pit.
image.jpg image.jpg

#43 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 04:50 AM

Glad you got the blade adapted. If that blade is an '88 model, then it is not for the GT/GTV. Those were only made up to '83/'84 along with the FF. It's probably for the GT18 like my $30 one.
I will have to stay with having to get off to change my angle as it is set up right now. The only other way I can see to change it is to go to hydraulics on the angle.

#44 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 08:25 AM

Looks like she's all ready to go. Glad you got the blade sorted out.
As for looks, I think it looks just fine and the snow won't care.

#45 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 10:02 AM

I kind of like look with that wide stance. :thumbs: