#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:14 PM

Have little B-80. Tore it down for repaint. I found repaired spindles and a few other weld up jobs. Then I noticed I have two diff wheels. One is plain, no bearings, and other has removeable bearings. They look the same in stamping design, cept one with bigger hub then. Offset seems same. SO, is this still WH wheels, just two diff kinds? I'm gonna use them as they are.

Question on hub caps for bearings. The wheel with the bearings had a big ugly used to be white plastic cap on it, held on by a great big snap ring. Is this normal WH? The bearing less one had none. Do those kind have no cap, or just diff size?? That cap on there sure doesn't look very nice, would rather use something else. Any tips on that?

#2 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:39 PM

As far as I know Grumpy, all original Wheel Horse wheels had bearing in these older models. Someone probabley put the wrong wheel on it. As far as the caps go, there is a guy by the name of Glen Jeri in the venders section over at RS that reproduces these caps in red, black, and white. I'll post a pic of the ones I got from him. They have the horse logo just like the originals, are very inexpensive. :thumbs:

Matt

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC05318.JPG
  • DSC05321.JPG

#3 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted July 16, 2012 - 10:57 AM

I have spindles and probably a wheel or two! I have a few caps but really don't want to part with them.......unless it's a deal I can't refuse!

#4 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9851
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted July 16, 2012 - 11:00 PM

Will have to do some checking in my stash as well. Might have what you need.

#5 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 16, 2012 - 11:08 PM

GL., I have never seen any WH without bearing in the front rims. Someone has put something else on it. Those plastic grease covers work well and last a long time.

#6 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 16, 2012 - 11:50 PM

OK, had more wheels off a parts Charger 12. B-80 just has snap rings to hold on, the charger had bolt/washer in end of spindle. That wheel w/out bearings has a keyway in it, so must be a drive wheel for something?? Anyway good to go on wheels, all blasted, painted, wheel bearings back in and waiting for tires. Gonna put the 5 rib style on. Would like 3 rib, but w/out a narrow wheel, they don't look right, so going with 5 rib. That still looks TRactory! Might get ags for back, but will be later, gonna use orig for now. Pink chassis all together now. Adding some purple parts on now, the purple paint is better and stays shiny, having issue with pink getting dull and white seperating out some. I shook and shook next can, but still same issue. It still looks good and will leave as it. The big tin like the hood and fenders pan are going to be purple. Still need to make the tunnel and dash support pink. It's at the welder getting repaired where it bolts to frame was broken off. Hope it comes out OK. The engine is also going to be purple!

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,343 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 03:31 AM

Got any pics of this, grumpy? Sounds rather interesting!

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 06:55 AM

I'll second the call for pics. Sounds like you're making great progress!