#1 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 08:31 PM

After working our butts off this last week were taking some time off to go for a ride with the club that we belong to.There calling for cooler and hopefully some rain.That'll be nice riding in the Forest if we get some rain it'll keep the dust down.This will be our first ride with the club as when they had some other rides we couldn't get away.Machines are loaded and were ready to roll.The wife and grandson are very excited to be going.The Grandson drives the red one and so does my wife when he lets her LOL She usually rides with me and shares the driving this way she gets to drive more when she's with me. Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Rangers Loaded 003 (Small).jpg

Edited by massey driver, July 14, 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#2 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 08:36 PM

Sounds like you are going to have a good time. Just be safe out there.

#3 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hope you have a very fun & safe time Larry! Always good to get some relaxing recreation. Looks like you're good & ready!

#4 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 08:41 PM

So, what do run on? Logging roads, mining roads, old railroad beds, or just hit the bush?
How many machines in the convoy?

#5 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 08:50 PM

So, what do run on? Logging roads, mining roads, old railroad beds, or just hit the bush?
How many machines in the convoy?

we usually ride around home old rail beds etc: We've been on a couple poker derbys so far this year differnt clubs put them on.We were on one the last Sunday of April it was absolutely beautiful out and beleive it or not the machine count was just under 1200 machines couldn't belive it.Usually there's 400 or so at that derby.The last one that was put on by our club had 45 machines not sure what there'll be on this one.
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#6 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 09:21 PM

Pics of the big derby in April. This ride has a wet and dry trail you chose what conditions to ride.They have Bridges for atvs etc to bypass any bad spots or wet spots.One pic shows some machines at the lunch stop.and another shows the bridges for atvs and part of what the trail looks like.

Attached Thumbnails

• ndride 003 (Small).jpg
  • ndride 013 (Small).jpg
  • ndride 015 (Small).jpg
  • ndride 016 (Small).jpg
  • ndride 020 (Small).jpg

• IamSherwood, KennyP and JDBrian have said thanks

#7 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 09:27 PM

Looks like alot of fun. Wow, 1200 machines. That'd be a site to see.
Is this done together with snowmobile clubs, and you share the trail system?

#8 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 09:49 PM

Looks like alot of fun. Wow, 1200 machines. That'd be a site to see.
Is this done together with snowmobile clubs, and you share the trail system?

Because of lack of snow last winter the snowmobile clubs had poker derbys for atvs to raise$$ for there clubs and communities.Some trails are set up like this form end of oct to end of April its snomobile trails after that summer is ATV trails.Snow clubs don't join with ATV clubs as of yet.Not sure what will happen with that. The one derby I was saying with all the machines is put on by a town called Notre Dame De Lourde in Manitoba its a hilly terrain so it draws a good crowd and this year it was absolutely fantastic weather so I think seeing it was the first derby of the season everybody was itching to go out for a ride.The first and second prize $$ was something like $ 1800 each.Would have been nice to have won for sure.

#9 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 10:11 PM

Looks like a lot of fun. Hope you have a great time.
Be safe.

#10 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:48 AM

Man that looks like a good time! It would get pretty dusty with all those machines on dry dirt trails. Thanks for the pics.

#11 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 07:11 AM

That looks like a great time for everyone. Those little machines seem amazingly capable, I've watched some Youtube video with them.

#12 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 08:25 AM

After working our butts off this last week were taking some time off to go for a ride with the club that we belong to.There calling for cooler and hopefully some rain.That'll be nice riding in the Forest if we get some rain it'll keep the dust down.This will be our first ride with the club as when they had some other rides we couldn't get away.Machines are loaded and were ready to roll.The wife and grandson are very excited to be going.The Grandson drives the red one and so does my wife when he lets her LOL She usually rides with me and shares the driving this way she gets to drive more when she's with me. Larry

I agree this is a lot of fun. The kids and I used to go trail riding at designated atv trails. We had a ton of fun. I used to modify or build mini buggies - ones that look like a Hammerhead or Carter buggy. But it all ended when my daughter broke her hand on one. Being that there was an ex-wife involved and it made the kid leary of it, we sold out and hadn't been back.. Ironically, it happened in a buggy that wasn't really modified all that much. Just driver error. I really got into restoring my GT out of the hole that left for enjoying building in the garage. I miss it. The good news out of this is that I like the roll-cage machines like you got. While she did get a broken hand, it wasn't a broken neck. Bones heal. Have fun and have at it!