#1 LilysDad ONLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,221 Thanks
  • 7,454 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 01:08 PM

I don't know whether to put this in Tractor Show or here. It's not a tractor show, though.

This is , I think the 46th annual Norwegian Festival in Decorah, Ioway. When I was there once, a guy had built a model airplane about 6-8 ft. long. It was made out of barn lumber, had an iron tractor seat, a hit and miss engine that drove twin props and the wings flapped up and down. It was labeled Norwegian Airlines on the tail. Hilarious!!!

I've been trying to find a photo of it on the 'net. No luck. I'm putting this out here on the off chance that someone can help.

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 09:31 PM

That is a beautiful part of Iowa! I wonder if the King of Norway still has a home there? There are a couple nice meuseums in Decorah.
One is the Billie Brothers Clock Meuseum, a collection of hand carved clocks built by two brothers who farmed in the summer and carved a new clock every winter awesome work. Harry Refusal a carver and How To book author lives up there( Norweian Flat Plane style).
And in that area there are about 200 trout streams stocked for "put & take fishing.
This is the first summer my dad has not spent a week up there trout fishing.
Some of those streams are a good for panning gold too. I love that corner of the state but would hate to live there in the winter.
The way the roads go through over and around the ridges it would be a driving nightmare.

Edited by JD DANNELS, July 14, 2012 - 09:34 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: decorah, iowa