#61 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted August 09, 2012 - 05:04 PM

Finally, I'm catching up here and Ryan It looks like your in good hands and have the talent to get this jewel running.

I started reading this thread at the beginning and just before the link to GTT dropped out , I was SCREAMING INTO MY COMPUTER---"Call a cab, take the trunk lid off, go get the damn thing and stuff it in the trunk if you have to , before some beats you to it !!!!" - Now the link is back and I can see its home and I can relax --Wheww!!

#62 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 09, 2012 - 05:11 PM

I did some work today, I made some "new" battery wires and put the battery in. I also got motor oil and put it in the transaxle, then put the fenders and toolbox cover on. I went to swap the bad hydro line out, but the ends are different! The end that goes to the spool is smaller then the other end! I did not think to look to see if they were the same.

Finally, I'm catching up here and Ryan It looks like your in good hands and have the talent to get this jewel running.

I started reading this thread at the beginning and just before the link to GTT dropped out , I was SCREAMING INTO MY COMPUTER---"Call a cab, take the trunk lid off, go get the damn thing and stuff it in the trunk if you have to , before some beats you to it !!!!" - Now the link is back and I can see its home and I can relax --Wheww!!

:bigrofl:

#63 190forklift OFFLINE  

190forklift

• Member No: 6378
  • 36 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted August 10, 2012 - 06:49 PM

Hi Ryan.

You got the axle but i haven,t seen my money. Whats the problem??? Steve guider

#64 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 10, 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hi Ryan.

You got the axle but i haven,t seen my money. Whats the problem??? Steve guider

I apologize Steve. I know my payment is slow. But it was mailed yesterday and you will get it. I mailed it with certification so it has to be signed for.

#65 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted August 10, 2012 - 06:56 PM

I did some work today, I made some "new" battery wires and put the battery in. I also got motor oil and put it in the transaxle, then put the fenders and toolbox cover on. I went to swap the bad hydro line out, but the ends are different! The end that goes to the spool is smaller then the other end! I did not think to look to see if they were the same.

:bigrofl:

Ryan, is it possible that what you are seeing is some sort of adapter that needs to be removed and installed on your new hose?

#66 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 11, 2012 - 01:01 AM

Great progress Ryan, it is really coming along great, keep up the work.

#67 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted August 11, 2012 - 06:19 AM

You mentioned earlier re: build date of your tractor as a '67 or '68 ? AND a possible concern about the paint. I don't believe there's any reliable data to "pin" the Pin # to the build date and I certainly had some frustrations re: my 442 & 446- so I finally gave up.
The red was and is very likely Flambeau red-Not "Power Red" as was used later, An important tip here: While you are tearing it down closely examine each part (outdoors) for a hidden or non-faded area of paint- It WILL have one, somewhere. The reason for that is so -someday- you can buy the EXACT paint to match. Don't rely on your local paint suppliers' NAME or description -it may not match.

#68 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 07:24 PM

I swapped the coil with an OE one I have, still no spark. I just ordered a condenser and points on eBay and estimated delivery is from the 20th to the 23rd.

I really need to figure out the steering. I was going to take off the steering wheel, to take out the steering shaft so I could inspect the bushing and shaft wear. But, I could not get the steering wheel off. The steering wheel has a lip on the underside that goes over the column, so even if I had a bearing splitter I would not be able to get it on there. I tried pulling pulling the shaft out from the bottom and it just laughed at everything I tried. I put some penetrating oil on it. While I am waiting for that to work does anybody have any suggestions?

#69 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted August 25, 2012 - 10:13 AM

I really enjoyed all the information and pictures. The Case 195 has been my favorite. I got lucky and found one close by. Mine needs work, but is complete.
mowpower 061.JPG

#70 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 963 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 10:32 AM

Looks like a nice project Ryan..
I have an idea on the steering.. Why not work on it from the other end.. I'm sure the gear on the bottom is either pinned or welded on. If it is welded the weld can be ground off and then re welded for reassembly. Once you have the steering apart it will be easier to deal with the stuck wheel. Also I've seen pullers made up to pull steering wheels but that always makes me nervous.
Good luck with the project... I'm sure you will enjoy the tractor when it is up and running.

#71 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 11:19 AM

I forgot to update it! Sorry! I got the steering wheel off a few days after letting some penetrating oil soak on it.

#72 Doc OFFLINE  

Doc
  • Member No: 53451
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted October 23, 2014 - 09:26 AM

I am now the owner of this tractor. It came to me in pieces. The frame and front axle is being straightened and primed. I acquired fenders (it had none when it came to me) and bought a new hood (the other was full of bondo and was bent too badly out of shape to be repaired). I am short some hydraulic lines and an engine (it did not have one when it came to me) and new steering rod, wheel, and sector gear assy is being installed. I don't have any pictures because right now everything is in pieces, but as soon as I have it together, I'll post some pics. I have contacted Ryan313 to find out some info on the PO as I am compiling a history of the tractor along with the restoration. I am being helped in the resto process by a great group of friends, Pete Knill, Bill Aschliman, Terry Tyler, Dave Beiter, Steve Guider, and Bruce Bradley so I am confident that this is going to turn out well. I'll try to send more later. If anyone has any information on this tractor, please let me know either on this site or at my email address  david dot profitt at kctcs dot edu .Thanks, Doc

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#73 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted October 23, 2014 - 09:32 AM

Welcome to GTtalk. I edited your Email address to stop all the spam you will be getting by posting the complete address on the open net. Post some photos when you get the chance.

#74 gonafixit OFFLINE  

gonafixit
  • Banned
  • Member No: 63049
  • 5 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 01:10 AM

I am now the owner of this tractor. It came to me in pieces. The frame and front axle is being straightened and primed. I acquired fenders (it had none when it came to me) and bought a new hood (the other was full of bondo and was bent too badly out of shape to be repaired). I am short some hydraulic lines and an engine (it did not have one when it came to me) and new steering rod, wheel, and sector gear assy is being installed. I don't have any pictures because right now everything is in pieces, but as soon as I have it together, I'll post some pics. I have contacted Ryan313 to find out some info on the PO as I am compiling a history of the tractor along with the restoration. I am being helped in the resto process by a great group of friends, Pete Knill, Bill Aschliman, Terry Tyler, Dave Beiter, Steve Guider, and Bruce Bradley so I am confident that this is going to turn out well. I'll try to send more later. If anyone has any information on this tractor, please let me know either on this site or at my email address  david dot profitt at kctcs dot edu .Thanks, Doc

Well Doc I guess I shouldn't have butchered this tractor that bad when I went to NY to get it and yank the motor and wheels off.  I had a muffler for it but I told Jim in a fit of rage to throw it out so that will set you back another hundred bucks!

#75 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 05:28 PM

From beginning to end of this thread , it sounds like two different tractors are involved . I read it forward and backward twice .