#1 iron Mike OFFLINE  

iron Mike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5236
  • 36 Thanks
  • 82 posts

Posted July 12, 2012 - 09:12 AM

hello guys and gals?,
I am in need of a set of mower blades for my 10XL. Do any of you have a set that you would sell? I'm thinking that I might have to find a newer set and have them milled to fit but I would rather have ones that are made for this tractor. Thanks, Mike

#2 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• Member No: 4250
  • 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted July 12, 2012 - 06:03 PM

Try Foley Belsaw P.N.5979010. They even have the center pieces P.N.5978769 they call safety washers. I bought both items years back for my 8XL.
  • iron Mike said thank you

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 12, 2012 - 09:41 PM

Just FYI. I tried looking up the part number for the blade that you listed above and it must be discontinued. There are blades listed for Sears / Roper tractors with sequential part numbers 5979011 and 5979012 but they are very different from one another. The safety washer, if still available is not listed anywhere near the part number that you gave. The parts may still be available from that supplier under new numbers, and there is an 800 number on the website where you can speak (presumably) to a human that can help. It may be helpful to give them the original part numbers as they may have a cross-reference. Thanks for the name of the supplier! It looks like they have a lot of parts for a lot of stuff. I bookmarked the page for future reference!

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted July 12, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Mike, I am about 99% sure that member BHTS has them either in stock or available. I remember another member got washers from him about 6 months ago.

You can PM him here: http://gardentractor.../user/945-bhts/
or post in his forum here: http://gardentractor...arden-tractors/

#5 iron Mike OFFLINE  

iron Mike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5236
  • 36 Thanks
  • 82 posts

Posted July 30, 2012 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the info. I just spun the splines off the output shaft coupling on this mower. I drilled right down through the coupling and shaft and inserted a roll pin. Tuff stuff. So far so good.