• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jrk OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1621
  • 42 Thanks
  • 95 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 11:56 AM

From my understanding the clevis and slot hitches from Wheel Horse are universal for the 4/8 speed transmissions throughout all years manufactured. However, my question is did the linkage / pivot that sits in between the frame (under the seat) change at all i.e. will the linkage from a C-120 fit a 300 series tractor or Raider 10?

Also when picking up a clevis or slot hitch can anyone tell me what parts need to be scavenged with it? Cable, linkage / pivot, chain, hitch and the pivot for the hitch as well - Am I missing anything?

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 12:48 PM

Get everything you can, you can change the length of the lift cable. Everything else should fit and work.
  • jrk said thank you

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,492 Thanks
  • 6,369 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 03:59 PM

Most are just a cable. Cable is in a flexible sleeve that is bolted under the tool box or seat supports below seat. Has special U-cleves one end and similar under tractor with double flat links for the lift lever. Far as I know, long as you have mower lift lever thatis all you need: Cable and attachment for back with large pin to go thru the cast case. You can have the stationary pull bar that is U-shaped up around the casting and has bar sticking out AND either the cast Slot hitch or the more desireable Clevis hitch on at same time. Clevis hitch is flat stock, more bends/curves and sticks out longer where the implements can attach. Those are hard to find and expensive. I have B-80 that has a little diff link that is an arm that swiveled in the seat support box and they had a solid rod connecting it to the front lift arm. Problem is it didn't travel just right and wore the shift boot out and open on the shifter handle. I like the idea of the rod better than cable, but not sure how it could be routed or bent and still lift and stay that shape. Also, the cables are many times rusted up and not non-moving. I have one that fella used old sheath and new cable, then hooked it up with loops on ends and ugly cable clamps. Looks bad, but works. Think there are better clamps that you pinch tight with special tool or hammer that would look better than those do at least.

Edited by glgrumpy, July 10, 2012 - 04:01 PM.

• jrk said thank you