• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 11:04 PM

My son seems to have the knack to water witch, but my Mom has a different talent.
She uses a brass button, string, & well or rain water.

She holds the button on the string over the surface of a half full glass, the button starts swinging and the number of times it taps the side is how many feet down to water.

She is actually very accurate... Little spooky ;)

I seem to have neither talent.

Do you think she could get me some Powerball numbers with that button trick? :laughingteeth:
  • MH81 said thank you

#17 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 21, 2012 - 02:38 PM

My son seems to have the knack to water witch, but my Mom has a different talent.
She uses a brass button, string, & well or rain water.

She holds the button on the string over the surface of a half full glass, the button starts swinging and the number of times it taps the side is how many feet down to water.

She is actually very accurate... Little spooky ;)

I seem to have neither talent.

I think the would have gone deaf listening to the tapping for my well. About 2 years after I bought this place I had to pull the pump out of teh casing. There was 480 feet of pipe that had to be removed one 20 foot section at a time (2 inch pvc) when we had it out my neighbor came over with a fishing rod and dropped a weight in the well. It is 510 feet deep. Although I had 480 feet of water. At the moment it only has 200 feet of pipe in it. I figure if I run out I can always put another piece of pipe in there.

I talked to a neighbor who said when they drilled the well they drilled for a week before they hit water.He said there is an undergroung river that runs through here that they finally drilled into. I have never run out of water.
  • MH81 said thank you