LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,632 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 01:40 PM

Since I'm new on here and don't know most of you, I'm going to ask "Who is the best story teller in the bunch"?

If you don't know, how about making this a contest? Winner gets bragging right!!!

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 03:00 PM

I can stack the crap pretty deep, but it's really crap I'm stacking...cow crap that is. I'll have to think on this, as we have a few good yarn spreaders here.

#3 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 03:24 PM

I convinced my Earth Science teacher that we were going to loose 20 pounds of gravity. LOL! Not to mention everybody else who believed me. :bigrofl:
  • JDBrian said thank you

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 04:42 PM

I convinced my Earth Science teacher that we were going to loose 20 pounds of gravity. LOL! Not to mention everybody else who believed me. :bigrofl:

Oh, my... Just out of curiosity, where did they get their teaching degree?

Ryan thinks he may want to be a science teacher and I want to make sure that isn't a school he applies to...

#5 Kurtee OFFLINE  

Kurtee

• Member No: 7561
  • 463 Thanks
  • 415 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 06:30 PM

Storytellers? in this bunch? Not a word is used out of place here. That being said I best go unload that load of frozen postholes I brought home before they melt and I have nothing but a puddle.

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 06:34 PM

Storytellers? in this bunch? Not a word is used out of place here. That being said I best go unload that load of frozen postholes I brought home before they melt and I have nothing but a puddle.

I ordered a whole truckload of those post holes months ago. They have never arrived! I ordered mine "freeze dried" so not to have the possible mess! Yeah, knowing it would be a hot summer......I thought ahead! Watch them not arrive till winter, then I paid extra for the freeze dried option & wasted my money!
  • Kurtee said thank you

#7 Kurtee OFFLINE  

Kurtee

• Member No: 7561
  • 463 Thanks
  • 415 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 06:40 PM

Freeze dryed frozen postholes? Must have been at the other place that was higher.

#8 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 07:05 PM

Off the top of my head, I'd have to say Reverend Blair. He's quite adept a spinning a yarn and keeping your interest until the end! It probably helps that he's a published writer...but he still has my vote!

#9 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 07:06 PM

I won a set of rear wheels on ebay one time, and after the guy had them all boxed up and ready to ship, I asked him if he left the air out of the tires before he boxed them. After he told me he didn't, I asked him if it would be a problem to open up the boxes and drain the air to help save on shipping weight. He stated he never gave that a thought, and would do so. After he had the wheels re-boxed and re-weighed, he sent me an email telling me I saved $7.50 in shipping cost. I was just messing with him, and wasn't expecting him to take me serious, and later explained to him that air doesn't weigh anything, and won't make any difference in the weight. But if you say it saves me the extra money, then Thank you for the extra effort.

#10 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 08:25 PM

I won a set of rear wheels on ebay one time, and after the guy had them all boxed up and ready to ship, I asked him if he left the air out of the tires before he boxed them. After he told me he didn't, I asked him if it would be a problem to open up the boxes and drain the air to help save on shipping weight. He stated he never gave that a thought, and would do so. After he had the wheels re-boxed and re-weighed, he sent me an email telling me I saved $7.50 in shipping cost. I was just messing with him, and wasn't expecting him to take me serious, and later explained to him that air doesn't weigh anything, and won't make any difference in the weight. But if you say it saves me the extra money, then Thank you for the extra effort.

O.K. I'll stay on the porch !!!

#11 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 08:35 PM

See (addicted) Never thought it would be true. for more of Troy's fine talents . He even did a whole excellent side series on serial plate restorations .
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#12 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 10:15 AM

Oh, my... Just out of curiosity, where did they get their teaching degree?

Ryan thinks he may want to be a science teacher and I want to make sure that isn't a school he applies to...

Not sure where they went. Everybody was skeptical at first, but most of them later fell for it.