Garden Tractor Forums banner

How Not To Sell On Craigslist

2K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  MH81 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I saw this ad a few weeks ago...took me a few glances before I could figure out the outline of the mower.........does this inspire you to buy it?? I see alot of "bad ad's" on Craigslist.....if you don't have time to take a good picture don't list it till you do.....just a little humor but really....they think someone is going to pay this price for a weedy hidden finish mower??? I try to list my items in a way that makes some one what to buy it......this does not do that!!
5 foot finish mower - $550

Date: 2012-07-09, 9:07AM EDT
Reply to: [sup][Errors when replying to ads?][/sup]

5 foot Haban finish mower with 3 point hitch.
Works fine, needs belt.
Call xxxxxxx if interested.

See less See more
#8 ·
Yeah, I think we could all find one or more examples of this in our local CL. There have been a few here lately, things I want also...but when someone puts zero effort into taking the pictures I think, "Is that how much effort they put into taking care of it too?" Right or wrong, I think that is how we all feel.

#11 ·
I think you hit the nail on the head here........if I see something like that, I am going to assume it was not taken care of.....most of us would.....just getting it out and cleaning it would have increased his chances 100%.....I expect this ad to stay for a while.....

#9 ·
Theres a mower in there?

#23 ·
Come on now. I can semi-clearly see the crossed sway chains from the three point in the first pic and the 20hp Vanguard in the third pic tells me it's a White gt-2055 (mtd 992.) You just have to do a bit of detective work. :poke:

Actually, depending on condition, that might not be a bad deal for someone. Those are usually posted for higher prices when I see them.

Reactions: MH81
#24 ·
Come on now. I can semi-clearly see the crossed sway chains from the three point in the first pic and the 20hp Vanguard in the third pic tells me it's a White gt-2055 (mtd 992.) You just have to do a bit of detective work. :poke:

Actually, depending on condition, that might not be a bad deal for someone. Those are usually posted for higher prices when I see them.
Hmmm, now haw far is Kitanning from here... Nope, too far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.