Garden Tractor Forums banner

Both For $10

2K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  olcowhand 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Spotted this right after he posted it and will pick it up today. Buys like this don't come everyday so I jumped on it even though I already have one of each.

Craigslist Add: Plow and Grader for sale....$10 for both together....call if interested

Plant Wood Grass Trunk Natural material
Wood Tree Grass Natural landscape Landscape

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, what a deal! You lucky dog! Great score!

Reactions: tinner
#15 ·
Can't believe I stumbled on to this fantastic buy. I was talking to my brother on the phone and decided to check Craigslist. I told my brother I would call him right back and called the guy. When I told him why I was calling his reply was, "Dang, it's already showed up, I just posted it?" He said his brother gave them to him but his riding mower was too small for them. Talk about luck, I couldn't believe it.

#17 ·
My brother picked them up for me today as the guy lives just about 5 miles east of him near Dell Diamond. I have to run down to Elgin tomorrow afternoon and pick up some chickens a friend is giving me because he's moving and I'll run by my brother's in Round Rock first. Should have some pictures tomorrow evening.

#22 ·
I finally got around to taking some pictures, twice. The first time I forgot to put the SD card in the camera so had to go out and do it again. First, here's the blade in the pulling position.

Wood Grass Monoplane Natural material Lumber

. It's a 48 incher. Here's a closeup of the angle settings.

Wood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grass

Remove 3 pins and spin it around to make it a pusher

Wood Grass Monoplane Creative arts Light aircraft

Now, here's the plow.

Wood Grass Trunk Motor vehicle Natural material

Looks like the PO laid it down and the grass and weeds grew up around it. He must have used a shredder and hit it as you can see these two nicks and how it cut off part of the top corner of the hitch and bent the bottom corner of the hitch downward.

Wood Plant Natural material Bumper Grass

Wood Natural material Grass Trunk Bumper
Wood Grass Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Art

I'm thinking I'll pull everything off the plow and use the beam to build something. Don't know what to build with it, any suggestions?

Attachments

#24 ·
A big old hammer & an anvil will get that metal back to it's proper place! Maybe a bit of weld on the moldboard after hammering, then grind it smooth. In the very first pics you posted of the pair, I may be seeing wrong, but is the plowshare tip out of line with the landslide?

#25 ·
In the very first pics you posted of the pair, I may be seeing wrong, but is the plowshare tip out of line with the landslide?
Your eyes are right on Daniel and it's bent too, which is another reason I think the guy must have run of it. I'm still kicking around repairing it or using the main beam for something else. First off I'm going to try to get things lined back up and then figure out what I'm going to do. I already have a good 10" moldboard plow so I may fix it up and sell it and use the cash to do something else. What's your opinion?

#26 ·
If it were me, I'd fix it. Once repaired, it'll be as good as any. Then maybe you could sell the other one, being it will "look" better, and would bring more money. This damaged one will serve you just fine with a VERY low investment!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.