67 replies to this topic

#16 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 08:27 AM

The lever on the right hand side is the hydraulic lift and it alone is worth more than his asking price.
You need to get over there and at least make the deal with him on that tractor before someone beats you to it.
If those pictures are on Clist with that price and it's not gone yet there must not be any Case guys around there but now that you've shown them on the forum someone will find it.

• middleageddeere said thank you

#17 jwc3232 OFFLINE  

jwc3232
  • Member No: 10402
  • 42 Thanks
  • 54 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 08:35 AM

thats aoptical elushion i dont theres any thing wrong on that front corner jim

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 36,881 Thanks
  • 30,151 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 08:59 AM

I sure hope you got this tractor Ryan. I'd fall all over myself getting to my truck to go get it at just $150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 408 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 09:03 AM

It's worth the price in parts alone. Get it, post the problems, and let these guys trip over themselves to help you!

#20 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 502 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 10:58 AM

I have been going back and forth with the owner of a Case 195 for the past few days and I think we have reached a deal. It needs some work, but I think I can do it. I tried everything to get him to come off his asking price of 150. ...Either way I think it is a good deal. ...but the great Steve Guider has one he will let go of for a fair price. It has some steering issues but I am not at all worried about that. The only thing I am worried about is the wiring, the ground wire is replaced with a red, hot wire...., and most likely buy it.

Here is a copy of the craigslist add and the pics attached to it.

"Selling this old Case for parts or restore? has a broken axle and alot of hours on it, stearing is bad, only makes right turns pretty much and 14 hp motor is starting to show its age

hi Relisting due to no shows! plz dont offer me 50 or 75 bucks for this!"

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was going to wait to post until we had a time figured out, but... I could not wait.

Where to start? First, value, I am, pretty sure you could sell the starter gen for $150. So the value is def there...I mean you bought the generator and got a tractor FREE. Second, if you're dealing with Steve, you really have no worries..., Third the color of the wire does not make it hot, the electrical potential makes it hot. So if in fact it is 'hot' then rewiring this tractor is probably a one afternoon job. Complete Rewiring, not much to them. Fourth, this will be a cool addition to your collection...GL

Edited by NutCASE, July 09, 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#21 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,240 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 11:02 AM

Where to start? First, value, I am, pretty sure you could sell the starter gen for $150. So the value is def there...I mean you bought the generator and got a tractor FREE. Second, if you're dealing with Steve, you really have no worries..., Third the color of the wire does not make it hot, the electrical potential makes it hot. So if in fact it is 'hot' then rewiring this tractor is probably a one afternoon job. Complete Rewiring, not much to them. Third, this will be a cool addition to your collection...GL

I know that the wire is not actually hot, but it is not black like it should be. It was just something I happened to notice.

Also, you said "third" twice. LOL!

#22 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 502 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 12:27 PM

I know that the wire is not actually hot, but it is not black like it should be. It was just something I happened to notice.

That's okay (thX)...you got my drift!, now do you own the 195 yet...or better yet, did you 'steal' the 195 yet?

#23 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,472 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 12:32 PM

Ryan, Like others have said, RUN and get it before it's gone. That is a great deal Buddy..
  • CASENUT and Toolpartzman have said thanks

#24 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,240 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 12:54 PM

That's okay (thX)...you got my drift!, now do you own the 195 yet...or better yet, did you 'steal' the 195 yet?

Uh, this time you quoted me twice! :bigrofl:

I have not gotten it yet. The wait is killing me! Still another couple of hours before I can call anybody. I wish I had a working truck that was big enough. :wallbanging:

#25 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,382 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 01:33 PM

Will, I don't know what is going on with that front corner. It looks like somebody cut it out and reattached it with hinges. I don't know what is up front there, maybe it was removed for access?

Ryan, the other right side, at the bottom.

#26 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,240 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 02:05 PM

Ryan, the other right side, at the bottom.

I think that is just dirty. If you look closely you can see the outline of it and it still looks straight. Also, there are what appear to be finger prints in it where the dirt was wiped away.

#27 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,368 Thanks
  • 3,321 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 02:50 PM

Ryan I hope you get it!! That is one sweet GT and a great price!! I would love to have one of those in my collection.

#28 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 06:43 PM

C'mon man! The suspense is killing us! Is it in your driveway yet?

#29 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,240 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 07:21 PM

C'mon man! The suspense is killing us! Is it in your driveway yet?

I called somebody to see if I could borrow his trailer. He did not answer and I am waiting for a call back. Not sure if he will call back tonight or not, I hope he does!

If I had a usable trailer, finding somebody to pull it would not be a problem. The only trailer I have right now that is road worthy is a big car trailer. And, it has a car on it that is waiting to go to the junk yard, and it is not registered. Even if it was on the road and did not have a car on it, it would be a little overkill on gas to pull it an hour away, just to pick up one little tractor.

#30 Mjoe7 OFFLINE  

Mjoe7
  • Member No: 9312
  • 172 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 07:29 PM

I can't believe you were haggling over $25.00 on this. It's an absolute steal even at $200.00. Your lucky it's not gone yet.
Buy it and drive it home. :laughingteeth: or pull it with a chain. :laughingteeth:
The value of Case GT's are quickly & ever increasing as the hobby continues to grow and people become more educated of their potential and how the Hydriv system works. Some of us have just kept it a secret until now.
Keep us posted!