Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 07:44 AM

Would a small say 6 x12 enclosed trailer be OK for keeping some of my GTs in ? I'm buying my neighbors small open 5x10' trailer but my wife has said that she doesn't want any more tractors outside the garage ( I have the one DB under a trap ) and wanted me to put up a shed so my thinking was a enclosed trailer then it would double as a nice way to take the tractors to the shows , thanks Al

#2 AverageJoe OFFLINE  

AverageJoe

• Contributor
  • Member No: 365
  • 104 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 07:50 AM

Sure sounds like a good idea to me Alc. Only consideration might be that it becomes too much of a storage shed that you cannot use it as a trailer.

#3 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 07:56 AM

I am not sure what your building restrictions are but usually enclosed trailers are pretty pricey, I would be more likely to buy a used shed. Good luck with your decision.

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 10:25 AM

I was thinking a trailer like this but witha ramp instead of the barn doors , but this size and price range
http://scranton.crai...3117705945.html

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,666 Thanks
  • 6,485 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 10:53 AM

Tractors? How about ONE tractor fitting unless you make some fancy lift or shelf for one and be PIA to get it up there! Too small! One should make sure to make shelves and hangers for stuff on walls to save space and get more that way. Nothing heav up high to fall off in quick manuever and break tractor below. Bigger, go Bigger! Ramp gate is also on my wish list if I got one.

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 10:58 AM

Al, I have been considering this for years, and every way I slice it I need about 7x14 and then it becomes an expensive shed on wheels. It would be cheaper to build a shed addition on the side of your garage (I know you have the space on that right hand side if you clean up a little).

#7 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 11:02 AM

Thats excatly what i did, after yrs of hauling tractors on open trailers. Mine is 8x18 with a ramp door, an rv hand door, and a 16' awning. On the inside i have beds that fold down from the walls, so i can use the empty trailer as a motel when i go to shows. We're also wired for both 120 and 12volts inside. It will hold 6 riders or 4 walk-behinds. After a show i dont have to rush out and bring them indoors as they are already stored until the next time, or i decide to change what im taking.
  • Alc said thank you

#8 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 11:10 AM

Just trying to look at all options , if I did get one it would have to be big enough to get the Tr-Trac in. I would be nice to be able to keep it from getting out in the weather if it was raining to and from the shows , Al

#9 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 03:21 PM

Al, I think you have 2 separate issues. You need both more storage space and an enclosed trailer. You might squeeze 2 GT's into a 6x12 trailer but if you have attachments etc. the space gets eaten up pretty quick. I have also been looking for ways to expand my storage space without breaking the bank. Adding on to an existing garage/shed is usually the cheapest way to go. More work shop space is nice as well.
  • Alc said thank you

#10 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 03:26 PM

I have a 7x16 enclosed trailer that I store and haul 1 Ford 600 (a big tractor) and 1 GT at a time or 4 GT's. It works nice I am ready to on a moments notice, but usually have to rearange my tractors as I want to haul a different 1. I also use the trailer to camp out at the shows.I also have a shed for the other GT'S
  • Alc said thank you