Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 12:36 AM

Well just got done doing something I've never done before. For the past few months my daugther has been wanting a princess bike . So a few weeks ago me and the wife decided to get her one (being its her 4th birthday today) Sure is different working on new bikes vs old ones. Never had the luxury of a new bike growing up. Every few weeks my dad would take my bro and me to the local junk yard and fill up the pickup with bikes and parts for around $5 and that would keep us out a trouble for quite awhile fixing them up just to wreck them later on. Miss them days, coulda filled the pickup a whole bunch of times for what this one costed.055.JPG But then nothing costs to much for your baby girl!

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 03:07 AM

That looks like a good first bike Nato! I'm sure that your daughter will love it! My brother and I got most of our bikes in a similar fashion. Our Dad didn't take us to the scrap yard though. We got most of ours around town when the borough had their clean up days. Which was OK if the one you found had wheels on it, if not you'd have to carry it home!
  • Nato77 said thank you

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 05:43 AM

Happy Birthday to your daughter! I'm sure the effort will be worth the smile when she sees it!
  • Nato77 said thank you

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 05:44 AM

That sure is a pretty bike , it's fun when the kids are little ,,,enjoy them , they grow up FAST , Al
  • Nato77 said thank you

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 06:48 AM

I got one new bike as a kid. I was around 10 and Happy Days was in full swing. My parents bought me a Fonzie bike. Many many miles on it. I still have it complete with the battle scars only a kid can give it, but the "sit on it" sticker is still legible.

Nice bike, Dad. I'm sure your little girl will feel like a princess when she drives it.
  • Nato77 said thank you