UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 08:08 PM

About 3 weeks ago the drive belt on my GT V-18 slipped off. So I pulled the mower deck off of it and put all of the clips and pins in my hat. My wife came down to see what I was doing and I told her to get a Ziploc bag to put the parts in because I could tell that the belt was done for. So with the parts in the bag - including the belt - and the bag marked in bright yellow paint pen - GTV18. I told her to put the bag in the shop. Now before you start to laugh at this point, my wife and I work together, and have for many years, She knows where things in the shop go.

Now fast forward to today. Both new belts were in so I headed out to put get the problem child running again. I told her to go get the bag with the parts in it. While I was methodically working away with the complicated belt routing she was off to get it. A long while later she came back and said she couldn't find it. So we began a search of every out building (5), every truck (7), the camper, and anywhere else it could possibly be.

At this point the baby woke up and started to scream. When she heard this over the monitor she went in. I searched every building, truck, other place it could be. At this point I was thinking I had to order more parts. She came out of the house and I asked her if she had carried it in the house. She affirmed that she would never have carried it in the house because it didn't belong there. So we searched more. Baby started to cray again and she went back in. Then she came back out with the bag of parts.

Somehow she had carried them past all the trucks and buildings and the camper and everything else, and put them on a shelf next to my guitar in the top of the closet.

By then it was too dark to continue so I gave up for the day.

I swear she is trying to give me an aneurism.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, July 07, 2012 - 08:12 PM.

• MH81, caseguy and bowtiebutler956 have said thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 08:30 PM

But you love her just the same! Ya have to love a wife that jumps right in whenever you need her....without having to ask even! Yep...I have a wife just like that! :thumbs:
  • bowtiebutler956 said thank you

#3 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 08:38 PM

I can't fault her work ethic at all. Her put stuff where it belongs ethic however. LOL

She is starting to realize how much money it costs when she looses stuff though.

She is absolutely the greatest thing that ever happened to me. We work together and and for weeks at a time we are together 24/7. I do sometimes think she wants to see how far the pieces will fly when my head explodes though. :firejumper:

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,458 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 08:42 PM

At least she found them again! Before you hang the deck back on, could you get a shot or two of it and the hangers? I have a deck I may try to put on my GTV/16.

#5 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 09:42 PM

I've been there with my wife as well, but she's great, and is always ready to help anyway she can, and she has our 4 kids to watch after too. Gotta love a good wife, I know I do!! :thumbs:

Matt

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 11:12 PM

Be glad your wife helps you, mine just walks by and does that eye roll thing as she heads back into the house. Today I told I was going to look at a couple Cubs, all she could say was why?? :confuse:

I said because they are there and for sale. :laughingteeth:

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 06:02 AM

Sounds like you have a great relationship and the head exploding thing is all in your head....well, until it explodes anyway! :laughingteeth: Seriously though, loosing things once in a while is something most people do when distracted from the task at hand. With a baby to look after those distractions are bound to happen.

#8 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,411 Thanks
  • 3,162 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 06:15 AM

Lucky dog! Mine would have thrown them out.... And my helper... 2-1/2 years old, is better than mom LOL.

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,293 Thanks
  • 28,625 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 06:33 AM

Just be glad they were found.
Isn't it funny (same here by the way) that when Dad looses something, it's expected... But when Mom does it everyone takes notice.

Can't begin o tell you how many times I've had the following conversation:
"Honey, have you seen ________? it's about this long, this wide, has some grease on it..."
No, where did you put it?
Right here, I laid it right here yesterday
(from another room)
Is this it?
Yes, how'd it get there???
I saw you put something there when you stopped to move/look at/eat/read_______
oh, now I remember