16 replies to this topic

#16 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 06, 2012 - 08:56 AM

I find this whole thing to be questionable. This "virus" is supposed to attack PC, Mac, and Linux. Yet there is almost no information on how it did this. There were some routers attacked as well. If this attacked Mac it would be all over the news, and are far as Linux, which Distros were attacked.

I al going to rate this one up there with the Y2K scare.

The end result may be over-stated but the threat is real. As far as I know Mac and Linux should be fine. I work in the IT world and have spoken to many experts about this and all agree it is very real.

#17 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted July 06, 2012 - 09:57 AM

I find this whole thing to be questionable. This "virus" is supposed to attack PC, Mac, and Linux. Yet there is almost no information on how it did this. There were some routers attacked as well. If this attacked Mac it would be all over the news, and are far as Linux, which Distros were attacked.

I al going to rate this one up there with the Y2K scare.

When I first read about it like you I thought is this real? It really has all the marking's of a shame but I figured if all the news agencies were carring it and tech sites had it then there had to be some truth. But attacking the Mac or Linux I don't think so. It would have been all over the Linux sites and especially Distrowatch.

You are right the Y2Y scare was supposed to be real and turned out to be a fizzle. I know quite a few IT shop's that had their techs stay all night just in case.
  • middleageddeere said thank you