Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Ohv 12 Tecumseh Engine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xrman2 OFFLINE  

xrman2

• Member No: 4673
  • 3 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 11:27 AM

Does anyone know where a good place is get a new OHV Tecumseh Engine. I know they went out of business. That's what I heard.
Chris

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 13,936 Thanks
  • 20,980 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 11:40 AM

Yes, Tecumseh as we know it is no longer around. There will be some new old stock show up from time to time on Craigs List or EBay, but they usually are big $.

Do you have one that quit on you? It would be a lot more economical to repair than replace.

#3 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4243
  • 2,409 Thanks
  • 2,781 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 11:42 AM

Tecumseh does seem to have gone out of business. I know Small Engine Warehouse had some new old stock they were selling, but it may all be gone. Otherwise, check ebay, craigslist, and of course, our site sponsers.

#4 xrman2 OFFLINE  

xrman2

• 3 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 11:56 AM

Well here is the idea I have. I'm getting in garden tractor pulling,and I want to put a engine on 1 of 4 of my Massey tractors to pull in stock class. I have a 7yr. niece that like to drive garden tractors and I really like to see her pull my tractor,cause I am building Cub for myself. I have a friend with go cart with a 12HP OHV in it,my dad used it on one of his Massey Tractors and I like how it pulls, does ok for mowing.
Chris

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 7,094 Thanks
  • 12,335 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 12:38 PM

If you are in an area that gets snow you can sometimes find the large single OHV Tec's on snowblowers which tend to sell cheap this time of year. They have no air filter and have a shroud over the carb but otherwise are the same. Most of the new ones still for sale have odd shaft configurations.

#6 xrman2 OFFLINE  

xrman2

• 3 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 10:26 PM

I put an 8 HP Snow king engine in a MF7 yrs ago. also sold a couple I had picked up to re-sell when I was younger.