• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,252 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 08:07 PM

Wind, Rain (buckets of it), lightning, the works. Hope everyone in it's path has stuff tied down and their windows rolled up.

We needed a little rain, but this isn't going to soak in, just run off.
I'd like to send about 85% of it to everyone who needs it worse than we do.
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#2 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, we were blasted for almost the last 24 hours...Needed it but now I am gonna have to mow again...bummer.

#3 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 08:17 PM

We got a little rain today. It poured for about 15-20 minutes and that was it. But it got much much cooler afterwards.

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 08:38 PM

Been around 3 weeks since I mowed, and then it was just nipping off some errant seed heads & weeds. Glad some are getting rain, even if I'm dry. Lots of people are going through a lot due to the storms though, and I feel for them. being without power & more is tough!

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 08:48 PM

We've even had thunder, lightning, hail and heavy rain up here the last few days. There is some sort of blocking pattern in the weather that is trapping heat across the whole continent. Lets hope this breaks up soon and we can get back to some more normal weather.

#6 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 914 Thanks
  • 1,205 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 09:01 PM

We sure need some rain here in North Alabama hasn't rained at all in 3 weeks and temps have been in 100s. It was 101F today. The water authorty says we are running out of water.

#7 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 09:35 PM

Rain what is that been so long since we had any. We are Burned up here everything Brown. Fireworks have been banned.I spend most off the evenings pumping water from the pond to Flowers and garden, notice that Flowers are before veges.
  • MH81 said thank you

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,252 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 09:39 PM

Well, it's passed and headed ESE. Anyone out that way might want to get their seat cushions now.

#9 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 09:46 PM

We've even had thunder, lightning, hail and heavy rain up here the last few days. There is some sort of blocking pattern in the weather that is trapping heat across the whole continent. Lets hope this breaks up soon and we can get back to some more normal weather.

My guess, is that things should get sorta normal by Monday/Tues. Normal, being cool down about 6-7 degrees C.

#10 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,317 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 10:13 PM

Its been 100 plus or 95 plus here every day for more days than we can handle. Death toll is rising due to extreme heat, no end in sight, and the weatherman says it is going to get worse. Kansas City has a free fan/ac program for the elderly-disabled...not everyone takes advantage. I pray for those less fortunate than me ands I pray that this heat/dry spell ends soon.

And one more thing, I got prayers for my coworker and his family. His father's barn caught fire the day before yesterday. No one was hurt bad, but his dad was burned a little on his shoulder because he backed his grain truck out of the barn while it (the truck) was on fire, trying to save it. He lost a couple of tractors, a baler,a dodge truck, a dozer, and a lot of tools, etc. His mom is ok, the doctors said she had a anxiety attack because of the fire. They thought at first is was a mild heart attack. When Glen came back to work today I offered to come up to his place tomorrow to help clean up or whatever I could do to help. He said that yesterday all kinds of friends and neighbors showed up to help clean up and brought food, etc.

Anyway, just say a prayer for those in need wherever they are.

Edited by JBBR, July 03, 2012 - 10:29 PM.

• dstaggs and MH81 have said thanks

#11 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, nice rain today in Pittsburgh. If we could string several of those together, we could get things back on track.

#12 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,252 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 11:06 PM

Dean, it's headed your way. Hope it blows itself out a little.

Flashlight showed no damage. Scanner reports of some trees down around us, but not bad.

#13 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 11:59 PM

We've got another string of solid rains. Nothing too destructive as yet. It's been nice. I'd wish this stuff on anyone. Don't mind cutting grass, but it's just seeing the land and the farms in bad shape that a real downer.
  • MH81 said thank you

#14 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 04:21 PM

Been 8 days without power, lost two freezers of meat, burned up a generator trying to save the others, hauling 325 gal tanks of water twice a day for the cows that stayed home when the trees opened up new gateways to the rest of the world...7 mile road trip for the big bull and two of his ladies! Still have trees on fences, have already pumped the ponds down to muck, haven't been able to count all the cows yet, the hay is browning in the fields, 3 days of over 100 degrees, mommas car broke, neighbors called, they had trouble with looters yesterday, so I went out to close and lock our main gate, got bee stung doing it, been covered with poison ivy all week from working on the fence lines, got notice at work on the 5th "the party is over August 11th"...
PRAISE God I am still alive to feel all the angst from this last week, some were not so fortunate from this storm....
As Daniel said some will go under this year, I don't plan to be one of them, but this is getting costly...

Thanks for letting me vent !!

#15 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,395 Thanks
  • 39,658 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 04:25 PM

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having! I pray things get better for you soon!
  • jpackard56 said thank you