#1 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 04:11 PM

Well, seems to me MTF is falling apart at the seams. I guess a key mod was banned for no obvious reason and the entire community is taking up arms. You fellas have any input on this?

Here is the thread btw: http://www.mytractor...ad.php?t=245398
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#2 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 04:19 PM

As I have seen with other communities. either the new members will fill in for the senior members and things will manage, or MTF will be gone. I have never seen one forum recover from something like this. Once respect for admins is gone, it's gone for good. MTF has done a wonderful job of it with how quiet things have been kept and how secretive the mods were.

Even if Ken was brought back, I doubt cat would come back. If both did come back, none of the other mods would be respected and MTF will fade away slowely.
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 04:20 PM

I may be speaking out of school here, but I think that it is best if we stay out of any discussions regarding another forum. If any forum member has issues with that site's administration, they are always welcome to come here, or any of the other sites out there that provide social & GT camaraderie. It's fairly apparent that there are some fences to mend over there, but only time will tell what the outcome may be.

Just MHO
  • Bolens 1000, AverageJoe, Gtractor and 8 others have said thanks

#4 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 04:27 PM

Well, seems I am going to stay right here on this forum. To much drama over there as it seems. Sorry if this post was out of turn. lol
  • Bolens 1000, MH81, middleageddeere and 2 others have said thanks

#5 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 05:31 PM

I skipped to the last few posts, I didn't want to read all of their drama and rants. I still don't know what is going on, and I don't care to. If they can fix what ever the problem is then good for them, if not then I will welcome the members here as long as they don't bring that drama over with them. I don't think we should concern ourselves with what ever problems they are having, we have a great place here and lets not ruin it because they are having issues.
  • middleageddeere, KennyP and IHCubGuy have said thanks

#6 AverageJoe OFFLINE  

AverageJoe

• Contributor
  • Member No: 365
  • 104 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 06:58 PM

I may be speaking out of school here, but I think that it is best if we stay out of any discussions regarding another forum. If any forum member has issues with that site's administration, they are always welcome to come here, or any of the other sites out there that provide social & GT camaraderie. It's fairly apparent that there are some fences to mend over there, but only time will tell what the outcome may be.

Just MHO

Many of you know I'm a moderator over there and a fairly inactive member over here, but I wanted to say I appreciate MH81's comments. This is a very nice well run forum here, and there is not much point in getting worked up about something going on someplace else.
  • olcowhand, powerking56, MH81 and 8 others have said thanks

#7 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 07:24 PM

I have found out of all the forums I have ever used this one has the best humour, best help and most understanding people ever. Several places answer all questions with either search previous posts or do a google search...very frustrating. And it seems every time you make any joke everyone either calls you rude or doesn't get it...This is the only place I call home anymore, I consider many members friends and feel we are truly a family.
  • olcowhand, wilberj, Deck_Drive and 7 others have said thanks

#8 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 07:40 PM

Just MHO

Well said Alan. No reason for us to start badmouthing another site and give ourselves a blackeye or make ourselves look bad. Let the issues there be theirs and hopefully they can work out their differences.
  • olcowhand, MH81, caseguy and 1 other said thanks

#9 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 08:07 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just make sure you aren't being malicious about things.

#10 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 08:08 PM

Seems I invited a bit more attention then I thought was necessary. I was just wondering what your guyses outlook on this was. But since it has been posted numerous time that this thread is bad I dont think we should continue talking about it lol

#11 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Many of you know I'm a moderator over there and a fairly inactive member over here, but I wanted to say I appreciate MH81's comments. This is a very nice well run forum here, and there is not much point in getting worked up about something going on someplace else.

I fully agree with Drake .. and more so since I'm part of the shake up .. I'll personally not talk about it on the board, But I have talked to George in PMs about a small part of it.. I've meet George and talked to him for a while at PA plowday .. surely a decent guy :thumbs:
  • Bolens 1000, davidg, Deck_Drive and 7 others have said thanks

#12 BushBoneYard OFFLINE  

BushBoneYard

• Member No: 6163
  • 36 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 07:27 AM

Hello NJKen.