#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 10:06 AM

Have charger 12 and B-80. B-80 must have just had a plastic insert in grill. I see fellas at show make a diamond plate to fill in the gap. Must be hard to find good plastic then? On the Charger, it had lights. I have a hole now. I'm assuming about any of those tin lights from any model will work? Sockets and wires or such could be changed/fixed? Guess the lens part is the non-existant part? What other things do you guys do for lights that looks OK? Anyone have the light tin, even w/out lens to sell?

#2 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 11:02 AM

Your B-80 did come with a block off plate. Your Electro 12 did come with headlights but the lens for that year is very hard to find and very expensive in great condition. The 70's - 80's lens will work fine though. A 5 min. search turned up 3 reproduction lenses, a NOS lens and a NOS block off plate. All on Ebay. I saw you posted over on Kelly's page for light's. I know he will at least have the buckets. The contact's are readily available at any auto parts store and are very cheap. Make sure you clean the sockets with emery cloth and smear some dielectric grease on the base of the bulbs before you insert the bulb's (1156 or equivalent) and also attach a seperate ground strap for the hood. The hinge is not a reliable ground and your lights will flicker if they work at all!

Pat
  • caseguy said thank you

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 11:26 AM

Gary, Make sure if you buy a replacement lens, check on if it is a one piece lens or is all clear with a plastic Mylar insert for the logo. The one with the insert warps up if you use the head lights a lot from heat..

#4 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 01:51 PM

They have both lenses for them on ebay for around $30. Just type in wheel horse lens. Here is a pic of one style, but they have both. :thumbs:

Matt

Posted Image

#5 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 06:48 PM

After reading this post I took a quick walk out back {mosquitoes are very bad} and sure enough I have a lens on the junk wheel horse charger.The downside is it has a bit of a crack on one side and one corner where the bolt goes through is broken and missing.If your interested let me know PM me.Larry

#6 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 03:20 PM

OK, guys, got the headlights coming from another member thanks! Went to ebay and looked and DUH!, how'ld I miss them? Specially like the NOS kit for $250, eeek!