drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,162 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 06:50 PM

Me and the grandson went today and took a lot of pics was going to camp this whole weekend but the hot weather changed my mind for me.Did not get to see all of it,i was on one side of the old steam engine train tracks.I will be going back to see the rest ,lots off everything there to see.Will try to post pictures later,If any one has a chance to go you should.Runs thru the 4th

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 07:32 PM

Looking forward to the pictures.

#3 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 09:37 PM

I was thinking of going the 4th but the heat may put a damper on it.

#4 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 09:50 PM

I was supposed to be meeting a good friend and customer there on Monday but he called me this morning and said he was there on friday and got too hot and did not think he would go back. He usually shows a few tractors.

I still would like to go....just going to have to see if it works out. Wanted to meet new restorer in person and thank him for the gas tank for my HD-12.

#5 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 09:21 PM

I went today, dragged the whole family! Most everyone else was lukewarm, my youngest was quite excited but upset as well because I wouldn't let him climb on every single tractor. I truly wish I had some pictures to share with you all, but we lost the everyday digital camera, and my phone has no memory left for new pictures.
Everyone enjoyed watching the wheat harvesting and the different methods of harvesting that were shown, with a two horse tractor team, a large "traction engine" type tractor, but with a gas (kerosene?) engine. Whoops, the traction engine was pulling a 5 bottom moldboard plow with the men riding on the plow and manually controlling the plow position. The other combine was pulled by a small crawler tractor.
The show was well organized for the large tractors, with quite a number represented in various stages of restoration. I saw two gold Ford "demonstrator" tractors. Several 8N, a few Jubilee models, and a number of other Fords. There was even a 1/2 size 8N someone had made. Speaking of 1/2 size tractors, I saw about 5 John Deere models, all tricycle and I remember one said "General Purpose". Lots of Allis-Chalmers too, and some really nice "G" models with examples of different implements mounted. Fair number of John Deere tractors. I was disappointed by the relative lack of Massey Fergusons there, though I did see a few 35s and one 50. Some of the early TO models as well.
A number of activities too, we saw a sheep herding exhibition, shingle sawing, log splitting, and rock crushing, along with some blacksmith work and a horse treadmill ginning cotton. Perhaps the best exhibit was the hit-n-miss engine running an ice cream churn. Had to buy some ice cream to share with everyone.
Since the tractors and steam engines are the focus of the show, we had to wander off into the camping area to try to find some of the things I was most interested in. I saw several David Bradley Two wheel tractors, as well as a Tri-Trac. Saw a Cub Cadet with loader, and an Allis Chalmers with a loader. Spotted a Case 442, those are large tractors! Several Wheel horse tractors, several John Deere tractors, I particularly remember the 110 round fender models I saw. There was a tiny Sears Yard Tractor, size-wise it looked like someone had taken a large pedal tractor and added an engine. I think there was a lot of stuff tucked away back in the camping area, but I didn't have the time or energy to go everywhere. We finally paid for one of the tram rides, put the two youngest in seats, and hung their stroller over the edge. We went around twice that way, got at least a passing glimpse into most areas. I did not see a single Massey lawn tractor, which I regret, and only saw ONE Gravely L model, which had a sloppy paint job-paint the rims by all means, but DON'T PAINT THE TIRES! I'm going to think seriously about going next year and bringing an old Gravely and one or two Masseys.

#6 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 09:32 PM

PS: LOL, saw so much good stuff I can't remember it all. We saw TWO examples of mini dozers, didn't see a manufacturer's plate on either one, but way neat.

Also BIG THANK YOU!! to the group of folks who gave each of my family (6!) a bottle of water to drink. We were doing Ok, but it sure was nice to have a cold drink as we continued to walk and look around.
  • drbish said thank you

#7 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,162 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 12:12 PM

HowardMF155,I was there for most of Friday,and it was more than one can see in one day,sounds like you saw it all no wander you were so wore out,I do not recall seeing any masseys or bushhogs,but there were plenty off others but not a whole lot of restored ones.By the way pictures are posted here http://gardentractor...eshers-reunion/

Edited by new restorer, July 04, 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#8 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 12:23 PM

This weather has pretty much decided the fate of a lot of tractor shows this yr. I have cancelled out on all my July ones, and wont be going out again until the middle or end of August. Its just to darn hot to sit outdoors and a lot of the crowd will stay home also. Its just about to hot to go to work, and i do that at night. Supposed to be 101* thursday, wont that be exciting.

You took some really nice pictures of the show. Glad you guys are getting to have some fun.

#9 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 04, 2012 - 02:12 PM

HowardMF155,I was there for most of Friday,and it was more than one can see in one day,sounds like you saw it all no wander you were so wore out,I do not recall seeing any masseys or bushhogs,but there were plenty off others but not a whole lot of restored ones.By the way pictures are posted here http://gardentractor...eshers-reunion/

I trained for the day Tuesday by spending Monday at Carowinds amusement park with everyone LOL. Next time I will get on the tram and ride it around several times first, get an idea of where I want to go. The tram rides amounted to $2 for the whole family and you could ride around for a while.