Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted July 02, 2012 - 01:26 AM

They're growing like crazy! Its been in the 90s and humid (rest of the week too) the last few days having to water the crap out of them. Luckly we got a 1/2 inch of rain today. 5 miles east nothing 5 miles west 5 inches in an hour. Just been crazy weather so far this year. I wish you guys would get some rain, sounds like you guys could use it worst than we do. Also the tomatoes are looking a little better. Just might pull out of it.

#18 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 02, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Sorry to hear of your problem with the spray. Years ago I had some apple trees get bit form spray and I got no apples that year.
The next year they produced a double crop.
I know that a farmer can find ways not to encroach on your property if they want to.
My neighbor was over last fall looking for a lost calf.
While he was here he asked what I had planted, When I told him I had 9 new fruit trees 8 kinds of briars(RED gold & black rasberries & blackberries) Grapes and a strawberry patch along with my garden.
He was not too happy and said he had intended to spray roundup on the hayfield next to me and plant corn.
I told him it was his place and he could do with it as he pleased, but I would apreciate he do it with the wind blowing away from my crops.
This spring on the ground neighboring mine he used some kind of granular herbicide and I had none of it on my side of the fence.

Edited by JD DANNELS, July 02, 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#19 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4412
  • 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 12:18 PM

Sorry to hear of your problem with the spray. Years ago I had some apple trees get bit form spray and I got no apples that year.
The next year they produced a double crop.
I know that a farmer can find ways not to encroach on your property if they want to.
My neighbor was over last fall looking for a lost calf.
While he was here he asked what I had planted, When I told him I had 9 new fruit trees 8 kinds of briars(RED gold & black rasberries & blackberries) Grapes and a strawberry patch along with my garden.
He was not too happy and said he had intended to spray roundup on the hayfield next to me and plant corn.
I told him it was his place and he could do with it as he pleased, but I would apreciate he do it with the wind blowing away from my crops.
This spring on the ground neighboring mine he used some kind of granular herbicide and I had none of it on my side of the fence.

I would be bringing that neihbor a friut basket and a hats off to ya note at harvest time!! :)

#20 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 08:48 PM

Well the maters weren't a total loss. Got a few today, but aren't what they could of been. My brother planted the same ones and his plants are full of tomatoes. At least it wasn't all the plants, just the cherry maters. Lost a few plants but it isn't the end of the world still got a bunch.001.JPG 002.JPG