I set the front end on a creeper and rolled it around to the front of the truck.
The back of the fenders were then set up on the tires.
Using the lift cart, I raised the front end up and slid it into place on the cab.
The top and bottom of the back of the fenders were then bolted to the cab.
These fenders are strong enough that this will hold the front end in place while I make new body mounts for the front.
Raising the cab has given me some air space between the top of the tires and the fender lip.
I have decided that I like that after all.
It makes the truck look more like a 1-ton should instead of like a pickup with a flatbed on it.
Here's how the engine looks in the space of the engine compartment.
I did a rough fit of the radiator and it looks like there will be about a 3/4 inch clearance between the fan clutch housing and the radiator with a good 1-1/2 clearance for the fan blades themselves.
Edited by jdcrawler, June 29, 2012 - 05:08 PM.