10 replies to this topic

#1 HotRod OFFLINE  

HotRod
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10342
  • 3 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 12:49 PM

I know a Lt80 isnt anywhere near a garden tractor but i thought id post anyways. I picked this mower up for $25 off of craigslist, it wasent to far from the house. It didnt have a motor but the body and deck are in good shape. I had an older 11hp briggs setting in the shop so i put it on it. I had to do some work adapting a newer pulley to work on the bottom because the original one was gone. Now i cant figure out how the belt goes on it. Anybody have a belt diagram for an Lt80? I also would like to find out the year.
Model# 09JC3153
serial# 5925
Heres a few pics, these are before i set the engine in it

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_3944.JPG
  • 100_3945.JPG

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 01:09 PM

Welcome to the forum, HotRod! I'll see if I have something on those. They were built from 1977-81, most folks use the engine build date to figure year. Glad you included the 09JC#, that may help in finding your info. Let me look around and see if I have something.

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 01:21 PM

I think I have found something. New Holland recognizes this as a 53152 #, don't know why.
Here is the belt routing as they show it:
09JC3152 belts.jpg

Hope it helps!
  • HotRod said thank you

#4 HotRod OFFLINE  

HotRod
  • GTt Junior
  • 3 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 02:12 PM

Thank you KennyP, that is axactly what i was looking for. Only bad thing is i dont have the numbers off of the original engine, the guy i bought it from said it started to use alot of oil so he tossed it years ago.
  • KennyP said thank you

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 02:32 PM

As far as I know, there's no serial cross reference for these. I'd guess yours for 1979-80 model, best I can do! Glad the pic helped. If you got to New Holland parts online, use the 53152 as the model #.
  • HotRod said thank you

#6 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 02:38 PM

Welcome Hotrod...Cool little Ford....Doesnt matter what year it is, we will have you on a real Ford tractor before too long.....lol

#7 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9589
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 03:03 PM

welcome Hotrod
nice lookin Ford you picked up. these guys around here are the best and friendliest any place on the net and will have you going in no time at all.

#8 HotRod OFFLINE  

HotRod
  • GTt Junior
  • 3 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 03:25 PM

Thanks guys. I had a Ford LGT100 for awhile but sold it. It was a really tough old machine. It mowed like a dream to. I bought it not running for $100 and put a float in the carb and had it for a month or two and then sold it for $500 to a guy that mows with it everyweek.
Heres a pic

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_3898.JPG

• KennyP said thank you

#9 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 06:00 PM

:welcometogttalk: HotRod! The body looks great on that little Ford! I would be interested in seeing some pics of the Massey Ferguson with the beastly looking tires on it in the back ground ! :laughingteeth:

Matt

#10 HotRod OFFLINE  

HotRod
  • GTt Junior
  • 3 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:23 PM

:welcometogttalk: HotRod! The body looks great on that little Ford! I would be interested in seeing some pics of the Massey Ferguson with the beastly looking tires on it in the back ground ! :laughingteeth:

Matt

Thanks bowtiebutler956, The Massey Ferguson is my favorite tractor. Its a 1200. I put polaris ranger tires on the back because they look better than the turf tires and im gonna pull it tommorow for the first time. Not really trying to win just see what the ole girl will pull. The local fair ground is having a pull so me and one of my friends are gonna try our luck at it. Ill try and take some pics and post them and how i do on the pulling part of the forum. I bought the tractor at a sale for $230 with a snapper 4ft 4 way snow blade, It wasent running but it had a new carb, battery cables, throttle cables, and the rear tires were pretty new. I put a float in the carb and it runs like a top. All the lights work and the bodys in real good shape.

Heres a pic of it almost ready for pulling, i have the wheelie bar tires on it now and painted

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_3938.JPG
  • i6i79c.jpg

#11 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:34 PM

HotRod, Welcome to GTtalk, glad you joined us here. That Ford is a cute little bugger. It doesn't matter if if a GT or not, glad you saved it. :thumbs: