• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 schoust OFFLINE  

schoust

• Member No: 3056
  • 1 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hey Guy's I have a 64 Bolens 900 that apparently has had someone before me tinkering with the carb. The issues that I have appear to be parts that are missing. The question Ihave is is there a suitable replacement that will bolt up in place of this Zienith Carb? Or are these old carbs still available? As in anyone have one that they want to sell?? Lol! I really would like to restore this treasure ut that may not be cost efficiant at this time...
Thanks

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,684 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 09:34 AM

Do you know if you have the original S-8D engine in it?
On the older model Bolens, they used this style carb:

Attached Thumbnails

• carb pics 005.JPG

#3 schoust OFFLINE  

schoust

• 1 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted July 12, 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yes Doc. Thats the one1! Soory it took me so long to post its been very hot here and that is what I do for a living,keep people cool that is! Can you help me out? Dying to get the ole Girl going! I just love older pre 1970 Tractors and automobiles there is somthing very iconic about this tractor in particuler! Very stylish indeed... Hope you can help me....
Thanks

#4 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 10:27 AM

Dang...I missed this one.

Check out http://www.tubeframes.com/

Jestin can get you up and running.

He can sell you a rebuild kit, re-build your old one for you, or sell you a refurbed one.

I've dealt with him a number of times and have always been happy with his pricing and parts.

Edited by OldBuzzard, July 14, 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#5 schoust OFFLINE  

schoust

• 1 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 07:12 PM

Well OB I contacted Jestin and he is attempting to find what I'm after and with any luck maybe he will? I went to an old machinery show over the week end and found the real deal manual for the both the s-7D and s-8D Wisconson manuals. The part that appears to be missing is the idle tube assembly. I sure would love to find one of those little pieces or if someone knows where to buy the carb complete I would also be interested in buying one of those. And at the very last resort if there is another carb that will bolt up in the place of the Bendix Zienith I would consider it too! Heck the Tractor needs so very little to get it running and that is exactly what I intend to do..lmk if you have any ideas..
Thanks

#6 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 07:17 PM

If you find one of the idle tube assembly please let me know. I have two carbs missing that piece.