5 replies to this topic

#1 jbumgarner OFFLINE  

jbumgarner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10248
  • 72 Thanks
  • 109 posts

Posted June 27, 2012 - 11:32 AM

Well about a year ago I traded a walk behind mower for a Pond walk behind. I was excited to get the tractor and started a quick restoration. I blasted the entire machine and painted with a rattle can. I then built a sulky for the tractor and had a lot of fun driving it around, but now I have my eyes on a little something else. I was hoping to get a Wheel Horse RJ or something else. I am open for ideas. Since I traded for the tractor I don't have a good idea of value. I was hoping someone out there could help me out with this or if they would want to talk trades I am open for suggestions. I have attacked a couple pics, one is when I picked it up and the other is after the resto. Any help would be appreciated, I don't want to list if for sale and have some yahoo buy it and not appreciated the character of the tractor.

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 27, 2012 - 03:55 PM

Very nice Wheel Horse you have there. Not sure what the value is, but I would love to have it to add to my Horse collection I have. I always wanted a Walk a way Jr. and Ride a way SR. Just never had the $$ at the right time or been in the right place. Good Luck...

#3 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted June 27, 2012 - 04:23 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't have a clue on the value. I would like to say, that is a fine looking machine, and you did a great job fixing it up. :thumbs:

Matt

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted June 27, 2012 - 05:07 PM

Not a WH guy, just stopped by to second the above comments on it being a nice tractor.

#5 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted June 27, 2012 - 05:22 PM

I would suggest that since you are in a new area that you cruize CL and see what the market is in the area. If you see other walk behinds in like shape selling for $500 then you know what the market will bring. If you see that basket cases are bringing $500 then you just price accordingly. Its all about the market in the area.

#6 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9851
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted July 05, 2012 - 11:06 PM

I really like your walk behind and would love to add another one to my collection. As far as a price.....I have no idea as people don't sell/market them as much as the 4 wheelers.