49 replies to this topic

#31 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4412
  • 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for taking the time to care guys. I know that all of your lives are plenty full and I do thank you. I even have some of my old law enforcement buddies that I havent heard from in years calling to check in. I have about 20 members of my family here in Woodland and we have been working together to insure that we are all safe. Sounds like two people have lost their lifes with nine or ten missing. The fire fighters are rockin and rollin like they have been trained to do. These boys are even refusing to take some down time. God bless these people!!. They have been working hard to save Woodland Park, they have primary and secondary lines in now. Today will be the first test on them with multiple dry front moving in from the north. We are back home at this time.
Again Thanks.
  • KennyP said thank you

#32 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 12:04 PM

Glad to hear things are at lest a little better for now. I hope they continue to improve for everyone's sake.
  • speedyg said thank you

#33 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,290 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 12:35 PM

Good to hear you guys are ok and home is still there. Thanks for the update, good luck.
  • speedyg said thank you

#34 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for taking time to let us know what is happening around your place. Glad your belongings are safe at this point. Best of luck to you and you family! Give those firefighters a big hug, they deserve at least that much!
  • speedyg said thank you

#35 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,486 Thanks
  • 5,014 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 02:22 PM

Good to hear your hanging in there and all are safe. Thanks for the update!!
  • speedyg said thank you

#36 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted July 02, 2012 - 12:13 AM

A guick update for you all.
We have had two calm days in a row, the fire fighters are feeling pretty good as of the last report. Though this evening we have had sustained high winds, it is 11 0clock and the winds keep coming. Cant be good! Num Nut started another fire about 7 miles north of woodland at around 7pm,with the high winds it took off pretty good. Me and the wife followed the fire crews out and could not see the exact spot due to all the smoke. Man do I want a peice of this guy!!! I am trying to keep the post as politially correct as I can,if I cross some line please let me know guys I will fully understand. It is safe to say that I am hot and conserned for my families safety. I will do my best to keep my venting in check. :)
Thanks to all.
  • MH81, HDWildBill and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#37 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,290 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted July 02, 2012 - 12:37 AM

Keep letting us know you're OK. Thank you for the updates!
We're all praying they catch this idiot.
  • speedyg said thank you

#38 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted July 02, 2012 - 12:44 AM

A guick update for you all.
We have had two calm days in a row, the fire fighters are feeling pretty good as of the last report. Though this evening we have had sustained high winds, it is 11 0clock and the winds keep coming. Cant be good! Num Nut started another fire about 7 miles north of woodland at around 7pm,with the high winds it took off pretty good. Me and the wife followed the fire crews out and could not see the exact spot due to all the smoke. Man do I want a peice of this guy!!! I am trying to keep the post as politially correct as I can,if I cross some line please let me know guys I will fully understand. It is safe to say that I am hot and conserned for my families safety. I will do my best to keep my venting in check. :)
Thanks to all.

It's good to hear ya'll are safe, Thanks for the update and perhaps if you do vent here with your guys you could save on bail money and use it on your next Bolens or whatever... :huh: :mellow:

Edited by Newpaws493, July 02, 2012 - 12:44 AM.

• speedyg said thank you

#39 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted July 02, 2012 - 03:24 AM

Thanks for the update. Hope the winds settle back down. This person will get caught, he's bound to mess up and be seen!
  • speedyg said thank you

#40 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted July 02, 2012 - 08:43 AM

I can certainly understand your wanting to vent and I think you are doing an excellent job of not crossing the line. I'm not so sure I could do as well. I sure hope they catch this guy soon he has to be a sicko to do what he has done. Thanks for the update and I'm glad you and your family are safe at least for the moment.
  • speedyg said thank you

#41 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,486 Thanks
  • 5,014 posts

Posted July 02, 2012 - 08:52 AM

Your among friends here so go ahead and vent. I don't blame you for wanting to nail the dirt ball that is starting the fires.
  • speedyg said thank you

#42 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted July 03, 2012 - 12:15 AM

I think that the Waldo canyon fire is under control now. Yesterday the winds were brutal and the lines held, still alot of smoke but under control. The fire just north of us is still burning and we have not heard alot about it. 346 homes alot of other structures and two dead seams to be the numbers. Thanks for your support and if this clown sets more I will post. We are all fine and the pass is now open, still sleeping with one eye open. :)
  • MH81 and caseguy have said thanks

#43 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted July 05, 2012 - 02:45 PM

Well, we got rain here in Utah this morning starting about eleven... Not just some momentary thunder bumper that tends to start more fires from the lightning, but a good gentle downpour...hope it moves your way and to all the rest of you that are needing the moisture and/or dealing with fires...

Our church has asked us all to pray for moisture and for the safety of those fighting the fire, or in harm's way... I strongly recommend it to all, though I suspect a lot of prayers have flown heaven-ward since this started...

Utah Smitty
  • speedyg said thank you

#44 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted July 05, 2012 - 10:34 PM

Well, we got rain here in Utah this morning starting about eleven... Not just some momentary thunder bumper that tends to start more fires from the lightning, but a good gentle downpour...hope it moves your way and to all the rest of you that are needing the moisture and/or dealing with fires...

Our church has asked us all to pray for moisture and for the safety of those fighting the fire, or in harm's way... I strongly recommend it to all, though I suspect a lot of prayers have flown heaven-ward since this started...

Utah Smitty

Thanks for the reply Smitty, I do think we did get some of that rain. I know that a couple of the planes that were fighting the Waldo fire are heading your way. The prayers will go on !!!!!
  • MH81 said thank you

#45 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted July 06, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Well guys I think that we are out of the danger zone in our area. I know that across our Nation many other comunities are in need and I will continue to remember them in prayer. I wanted to let you all know how greatful I am for your time and prayers. GTT has a great group of guys that make this forum top notch. My hats off to you all!!!!

Again Thanks
Speedyg
  • MH81, caseguy, KennyP and 1 other said thanks