Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Ok Just What Is This And What Is It Worth?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,787 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 08:01 AM

What would that thing weigh?
It's hard to put that in a class. What do the manufactureres consider to be GT/SCUT/CUT?

Acording to Tractor Data .com It scales out just a shade under 1400 lbs. Has 18" rear wheels. They listed it as a SCUT.
And I think the manufacturers are just as confused about the separation point as we are.

And to answer the second half of my question, I looked it up on TractorHouse.com and found a few listed between $3500 & 5000. The one thing I'm pretty sure of is he's not going to sell it for $1.00 as stated on the listing.

Edited by JD DANNELS, June 28, 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#17 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,951 Thanks
  • 2,522 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:28 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone... I ask the question because I have a B5100E which is only rated at 12hp but has cat 1 3pt gear and only weights 800lbs. Tractordata lists it under the farm tractor section (as it does this AC). I guess I consider it to be a SCUT. After looking at this tractor closely it reminds me a lot of Kubota B7100 still 400lbs heavier... thing's built like a tank.

#18 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,787 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone... I ask the question because I have a B5100E which is only rated at 12hp but has cat 1 3pt gear and only weights 800lbs. Tractordata lists it under the farm tractor section (as it does this AC). I guess I consider it to be a SCUT. After looking at this tractor closely it reminds me a lot of Kubota B7100 still 400lbs heavier... thing's built like a tank.

I would agree that your B5100E would fall into a Scut class and falls right into that Gray area. They will do a remarkable amout of work. I've considered buying one myself or one simular because they are narrow enough one could cultivate in the garden between 36" rows by simply driving between the rows(if I remember correctly). But based on weight, I think my JD 318 weighs about the same and is clearly a garden tractor.
Now when the imports first came into the country, your machine would have been classed as a Compact or CUT. Like everything, the SCut/Compacts have gotten bigger over the past 20-30 yrs, And the Scuts built now have more power and most run on 12" rear wheels just like the Garden Tractors(talking Kubota, BX Series).

Edited by JD DANNELS, June 28, 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#19 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 08:16 PM

Just read this thread. Very cool looking tractor there!