• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 08:28 PM

I still think the Gremlin is the problem at my place. Anyone have a Gremlin trap?

I don't know about the trap, but if you come up with one, I bet some craftsman tools would work for excellent bait!

#32 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 08:32 PM

I don't know about the trap, but if you come up with one, I bet some craftsman tools would work for excellent bait!

The brand doesn't matter with gremlins Ryan...it just has to be whatever tool you need at the moment you set the trap :bigrofl:

#33 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 08:43 PM

The brand doesn't matter with gremlins Ryan...it just has to be whatever tool you need at the moment you set the trap :bigrofl:

I bet they would take just about any tool, but they seem to take a specific liking to my snap-on and craftsman stuff!

#34 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 09:14 PM

I have an excuse! "Dottie dun' it"!!!

Ya, I've done those kind of things all too often, that is why my worst time of it was trying to adjust an idle screw on an old Toro. Got the screwdriver in hand the phone rings, get done with that no screwdriver??? oh heck go back in the shop get another back to the Toro, phone rings again....where is that screwdriver anyway? Crap I need this done, back in shop grab the last one that I have that will reach in to where I need it, ya the dag-um phone rings again...Now I've about had it were the HE"double tooth picks" are these screwdrivers going !!! I see the wife pulling in and I know she'll want help with the groceries, around the house I go to help and what do I find? The two black labs have my screwdrivers in there box on the other-side of the house !!! So it wasn't Dottie it was Kitty and Kandy...Arrgghhh!
All the other times it just me loosing stuff....
  • MH81 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#35 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 11:00 PM

Alan beat me to the smog still being unsettled in your garage LOL. I would have posted it 1st but I couldn't find the keyboard to my laptop! :bigrofl: :bigrofl:
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#36 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted June 27, 2012 - 07:02 AM

Has anyone stumbled onto a tube of caulking? :mecry: :confuse: ........ :smilewink:

Sounds painful

#37 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted June 27, 2012 - 07:51 AM

Sounds painful

All depends on how you land! :smilewink:

#38 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted June 27, 2012 - 09:12 AM

Brian, it does me so well to hear you misplace things too.......I've been thinking I did that because of "Old Age" but now I know I'm somewhat normal after reading this. Thanks for saving me. You probably didn't really loose your mind as it probably just wondered off.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#39 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:23 AM

I have done that! I rearranged the garage LAST FALL. I moved the toolbox so it was easier to get to and not so far away. Now it is right next to the work bench and not alongside the back wall where it used to be. About once a week I go to get a tool and walk right past the toolbox and go to the spot where the tool box used to be, only to be confused for a quick second when I see a 55 gallon drum sitting there. :bigrofl:

That's why the only tool box I have is a small one one I carry a few common tools in when I get talked into going to someone's home to work on something. Other than that they are hanging on the wall or in a wall hanging storage unit.

Bill

Attached Thumbnails

• 2011-10-29 garage 1.JPG

#40 shorty OFFLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,520 Thanks
  • 3,913 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 11:23 AM

That's why the only tool box I have is a small one one I carry a few common tools in when I get talked into going to someone's home to work on something. Other than that they are hanging on the wall or in a wall hanging storage unit.

Bill

Oh my, that is organized. The tool hiders don't have a chance with that tool bench. I try to keep my tools elevated to lower the risk of them disappearing. Last week I found my son digging in the garden with wrenches and screwdrivers, I sure hope he didn't bury any. Usually I find small lost tools next to the washer, where my wife puts them after finding them in the forgotten pocket.

#41 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,237 Thanks
  • 28,598 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 08:13 PM

I spent 45 minutes of my workday looking for my "Waldo", a star bit screwdriver. I had it, never got the chance to use it before I lost it. Finally found it next to the sink where I was getting a tall glass of water earlier.

Must be the heat, yeah, thats it... The heat.
  • Texas Deere and Horse and HDWildBill have said thanks

#42 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9589
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 08:22 PM

it seems like every time i clean up my garage some one comes in and messes it up over nite. then after they mess it up the take a few tools and hide them.

#43 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Bill

WOW ! that is a sweet looking set up. I can visualize that in my shop I just never seem to get the projects cleared out enough to get benches built along the wall. I did get airlines around the whole shop and then an electrical storm took out my 220 line, then warm weather started the yard work and then hay season and then...ya, some day I'll get my benches in I just hope I'm still physically able to use them...

#44 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted June 29, 2012 - 05:34 AM

it seems like every time i clean up my garage some one comes in and messes it up over nite. then after they mess it up the take a few tools and hide them.

Its a nationwide crimewave :mad2:

#45 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted June 29, 2012 - 05:37 AM

I used to lose dozens of pencils when doing carpentry. So I fixed that with one those retractable lanyards that clip on your shirt. Just let go of the pencil and it stays right there. Then I lost the lanyard.

I was using magic markers to mark the cut when installing the steel roof on my shop. I was constantly losing the little caps and then they dry out.-Problem solved. Yep another lanyard clipped to the cap and hung round my neck. Worked great. Finally done and headed to the shower and HEY heres my lanyard and cap rig under my tee shirt. You guessed it. NO PEN

Edited by Toolpartzman, June 29, 2012 - 05:43 AM.