Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,179 Thanks
  • 2,148 posts

Posted June 27, 2012 - 06:30 PM

Could something like this work on my deck since it doesn't have to push thu grass up a chute into the bag? It kind of sticks out a lot beyond the discharge chute, so IDK how that would affect the balance of the deck on the tractor...? Of course none of these seem to be made for Bolens tractors in particular, so no idea how much it would need to be modified to make it fit...

Yeah, but the biggest issue for me (beyond the extra cost) is that these bagger vacs are so huge and cumbersome to use, let alone transport. I'm looking for something small and compact that would work that I can transport with me to use when I mow other people's lawns to collect the clippings.

Does anyone know if they made a Bolens sweeper attachment? I have a line on a Craftsman sweeper that might work out, but would be cool to have an original Bolens one to match the tractor....

Bolens never made a sweeper for use with their tractors. ....A popular, good-quality sweeper was made by Parker. .....There were several sizes available. .....However, sweepers worked best with rear discharge mowers. ....When using a sweeper with a side-discharge mower, you have to go over the lawn twice.

I doubt that the catchers you provided links for would work well on your Bolens. .....The extra weight hanging off one side of the mower deck would probably cause the deck to cut unevenly. .....The small capacity of the catcher would mean very frequent emptying.

If you don't want to invest in a vac attachment, the next best thing is to buy a riding mower with a catcher attachment, and save your Bolens for other jobs.

#32 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted June 27, 2012 - 06:50 PM

Don't worry about a 'hijack'...threads will sometimes just go where they go :D :D :D

Looks like I won't be going over until Friday.

Motorhome was needing new tires and they came in today. I took it over to the tire shop, and they are going to mount them tomorrow.

We will take the motorhome over to pick it up. Will cost a bit more in gas, but we will be able to stop where ever we want to take a rest/nap break.
  • MH81 said thank you