68 replies to this topic

#61 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8713
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 03:01 PM

The belt should be Simplicity part #2156120. It's a 63.1" HA belt.

thats the size thats on it its real floppy though of course its old i'm going to get a new one , what size is the one on the other side of the pto might as well replace it also thanks for the help .
maybe you can come to the old farmers day sept. 1 homemade ice cream and great barbcue good as i ever eat check out there web sight lots of vendors there all kinds bring your favorite gt . in Christ bobby

#62 achomesteader OFFLINE  

achomesteader

GT Fanatic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8128
  • 867 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 05:44 PM

thats the size thats on it its real floppy though of course its old i'm going to get a new one , what size is the one on the other side of the pto might as well replace it also thanks for the help .
maybe you can come to the old farmers day sept. 1 homemade ice cream and great barbcue good as i ever eat check out there web sight lots of vendors there all kinds bring your favorite gt . in Christ bobby

Do you have the tension spring w/handle assembly, that pulls against the back side of the PTO assembly and puts tension on the mower drive belt, on your tractor? I can't see it in your pics. The tension spring is item "AA", on page 25 of the Operator's and Parts Manual:

http://gardentractor...0-landlord-101/

According to the Simplicity Belt & Blade Reference, the PTO belt should be part #2121078. It's a 35.1" HA belt.

Looks like "old farmers day" is out of the question, for me, because of the wife's health problems.
  • goodnews said thank you

#63 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 07:06 PM

yes Greg i do have that sprang on and its got the pto pull back as much as it can ,this is my first dealings with a sickle mower but we're getting there i didn't know about your wifes health sorry to hear that but i will put her in prayers and we'll talk to the Lord about her as i know you do, now it will be two..
born again and on the way home in Christ Bobby

#64 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 02:26 PM

hey fellas i mowed with sickle mower today i had to put a smaller belt on it so it would stay on the mess was about knee high so it was a good work out and it did a good job thanks sascr . in Christ
  • sacsr said thank you

#65 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted August 28, 2012 - 10:23 AM

It must be a sweet payoff to see everything come together :good_job: No video? :( maybe some other time with some tall grass..

Edited by Newpaws493, August 28, 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#66 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted August 28, 2012 - 02:23 PM

sorry about the video just was'nt sure i was ready yet but he has another garden spot thats about the same shape i'll to get one when i do that one , hope to get some good pics. @ the Old Farmers Day this week end . at Silk Hope n.c. in Christ

#67 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted August 28, 2012 - 03:48 PM

IMG_0469 (1).JPG IMG_0469 (1).JPG IMG_0471 (1).JPG IMG_0471 (1).JPG more pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0470 (1).JPG

• sacsr and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#68 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted August 28, 2012 - 03:56 PM

Looking good!! Hope I can make it Saturday.....was planning on bringing one of my BH .....but not sure where I will be on friday at this point....if home I should be able to make it.....if out of town....may be too long a drive that morning.....

#69 B10Dave OFFLINE  

B10Dave

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1808
  • 386 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted September 18, 2012 - 08:01 PM

Congrats on a very nice restoration Bobby. You can be proud of your tractor and pleased with your personal efforts. They don't come any nicer. B10Dave