• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Ferguson OFFLINE  

Matt Ferguson

• Member No: 2268
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 10:27 AM

Just brought an 8 and a 14 home that belonged to my uncle. It was my uncle and my plan to have every Massey GT form the 6 to the 16 and restore and show them once we had the whole fleet but sadly my uncle passed away this spring before we found a 10. I agreed to buy them from my aunt but she did not know what she wanted and I'm not sure what they are worth. The 8 is a Hydro and in good condition. With a battery and some work I did get it to run but not very well as of yet. Carb was very gummy from sitting. Both the 8 and 14 look great for there age. Nose, hood and dash all are good with no dents or cracks and the paint is faded, but there. The 14 does not run and I have not had time to find out why as of yet. I'm 90% sure it is an ignition or carb issue. Both have a deck and the 14 has a snowblower that I have not yed decided if I want to mess with as of yet. Anyway, any help with pricing these two would be helpfull.
Also, I bought a 16 that has had a hard life for $500. I need a starter, grill and a muffler since someone torched a hole through the side of the grill to make way for a hardware store will fit muffler. The starter I am not worried about but I have no clue where to find a grill, and the muffler from Massey is a couple hundred bucks. If anyone has a grill, or knows of proper fitting muffler, let me know. Thanks, Matt

#2 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 01:01 PM

It's hard to give a price with out pictures.If you could take some and post them it'll be a big help.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 02:17 PM

Sorry to hear about your uncle! That is a nice plan you had with your uncle and it's nice of you to see it through. What the tractors are worth depends a lot on condition, what attachments they have, location and how motivated the seller is. 8's don't fetch much even when in good shape. A 14 is worth more but the market here is so much higher than in your locale that I couldn't even guess. I'm sure you will get some suggestions once you post photos.

#4 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 08:33 PM

It's hard to give a price with out pictures.If you could take some and post them it'll be a big help.

DITTO.

And, also, as Brian said, price is influenced by georaphical location.

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,332 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 08:45 PM

I have bought 12's for 40- 100 around here, 10's for $50-250. Location, attachments, condition all have a lot to do with it.

You have a fine line to walk, not wanting to under pay your Aunt and yet not pay so much you can't afford to restore them.

:ditto: on the 8's not fetching much, dunno why, just don't.

As said above, pics would help us help you.

BTW, for the love of Mike, don't leave the blower behind. Sometimes the attachments are wort more than the rig it's on.