• ckjakline said thank you

#47 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Well,It's starting to resemble a 140 now.I picked up the wheels last fri before we left for the weekend.I had them powder coated john deere yellow.Got the front tires mounted on wed night.Fri night I pulled the unpainted wheels off and started to clean up the bearings to repack them with petroleum jelly.I don't want these nice wheels getting stained.I was cleaning the last bearing and it fell apart.Luckily johndeereelfman was home and brought one over for me.Thanks again Troy.Now i got them installed on tractor.Yesterday I got the finish coat on the dash and brought that home and mounted last night.Also got the rubber bushings put in for the fender pan.Have to make a trip to the hardware store for bolts to mount fender pan.I didn't have any that were long enough.

5-27-13 249.JPG 5-27-13 250.JPG 5-27-13 251.JPG

• johndeereelfman and jdelfjunior have said thanks

#48 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,737 Thanks
  • 8,912 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 09:04 AM

The narrow fronts with the tri-ribs is the best looking set up going, imo. Looking forward to more pics as the re-assemble progresses.

#49 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 11:26 AM

I like the tri ribs w/the ags in the rear.I have to get the ags mounted then they can go on.

• jdelfjunior said thank you

#50 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 03:00 PM

I got the ags mounted on the rear rims shortly after I did the front rims.Just didn't get around to getting pictures taken and posted.A couple weeks ago I got the pedistool decal attached.Last thurs night I put the fender pan decal on and went to put my new ign switch in and the hole was way oversized.The reason I got the new switch was the old one didn't have a key.The P.O. drilled the dash out to make that switch fit. :wallbanging: Why didn't I check that before I painted it.Obviously I can't weld a plug in and redrill the hole to correct size.I'll have to try and figure something out. Here are the updated pics.

68 140 2 001.JPG 68 140 2 003.JPG

• johndeereelfman, jdelfjunior and twostep have said thanks

#51 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 10:39 PM

I was finally able to work on my 140 restoration this week I had off work for 12 days.I repaired the dash back in aug but never posted anything.I still need to smooth around the washer a little and do the touch up paint.The decal will hide the finish so I'm going to just brush the color on so I don't have to tape everything.Here is what I came up with for the repair.

140 pics 005.JPG

I took a washer that the o.d of the washer fit in the hole.I had to open the i.d of the hole to .500 to fit the switch.Here is the catch I had to also have an ear sticking out so the switch wouldn't spin.I used a file and a little hand held hacksaw that had the blade sticking out the front to get the hole where I wanted it.

• Texas Deere and Horse and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#52 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 10:51 PM

Last week I got the majority of the engine tin sanded primed and painted.I didn't take pictures of those pcs due to them being scattered throughout the garage.I'll get some when the engine is reassembled.The only pc that is holding me up from putting the engine in the tractor is the shroud.I'm hopefully starting that tomorrow.

140 pics 003.JPG 140 pics 001.JPG 140 pics 002.JPG

I know that the engine wasn't painted that way but I wanted to throw a little color into it to dress the engine a little more.I did the flywheel gloss black,the block,and oil pan green,and the head silver.I think it looks pretty good.

I also installed the battery tray tonight.

140 pics 006.JPG

• johndeereelfman and twostep have said thanks

#53 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 09:58 PM

I finally Finished painting the shroud yesterday.Brought it home today and took a white paint marker and traced Kohler u.s.a..Got it mounted tonight,so now I can finally put the engine in and make so head way. :dancingbanana:

140 124.JPG 140 125.JPG 140 123.JPG

The reason the pics look like 2 different tones the camera wasn't on the right setting for the first 2 pics.I didn't think it made that much of a difference.

Edited by ckjakline, January 19, 2014 - 10:01 AM.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#54 Unstuck747 OFFLINE  

Unstuck747
  • Member No: 53063
  • 49 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 01:03 AM

Looking good!

#55 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 05:55 AM

your 140 is looking awesome!  Thanks for all the pics!

#56 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted March 23, 2014 - 07:51 PM

I was actually able to work on the 140 tonight.i've been working  6 12 hr days at work.2:30 a.m to 2:30 p.m since the middle of january.I had to go to bed around 6;30 so I didn't have much free time w running the kids around to there activities,and working at Grandpas farm.I'm going back to 60 hrs starting tomorrow so I was able to stay up a little later and actually work on my restoration.

Tonight I got the engine in place and bolted to the frame.I had to remove the drive shaft and attach it to the engine off the frame and install it as one unit.I tried putting the engine in w/drive shaft in tractor but that didn't work.That was how I took it apart.Here are the pictures of the engine in place

140 motor 003.JPG 140 motor 004.JPG .

• johndeereelfman, Trav1s and Unstuck747 have said thanks

#57 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted March 23, 2014 - 09:18 PM

Looking great Craig. :thumbs: I'm really glad you are doing your 140 first, so that I know all the tricks of the trade when it comes time to do mine!   :smilewink:

• Trav1s and ckjakline have said thanks

#58 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted May 26, 2014 - 08:12 PM

I was able to work on my 140 a little bit this weekend.I got all the engine tin fastened,got the carb mounted,I finished repairing my ignition switch mount,applied the decal and installed the ignition switch.I think it turned out pretty good considering.Today I went to the local J.D. dealer and ordered the pedistool isolater,rectifier regulator,a neutral safety switch,and the deck height adj knob.The only thing they had in stock was the knob. I tried to order the 2 circuit breakers that mount to the steering column but they are no longer avail,I hate those words.I'll have to figure something out there.I'm thinking maybe fuses.Once I get the parts I ordered I can start on making my wiring harness. I can't use the original it was hacked up pretty good,and I couldn't justify putting the old one back on a restoration.Another alteration I'm doing is converting it to battery ignition.It originally had a magneto that went bad. I think the battery ignition will be a lot less headache down the road also.I also got my new seat cushion from Hapco a couple of weeks ago.Now I can take the old seat apart and get it sanded and some color on it.

140 102.JPG 140 100.JPG 140 101.JPG

Edited by ckjakline, May 26, 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#59 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted May 26, 2014 - 10:14 PM

Nice work! The green engine looks so different than the black one in my 120.

#60 Travis Harshbarger OFFLINE  

Travis Harshbarger
  • Member No: 57888
  • 2 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted May 26, 2014 - 11:38 PM

That is awesome! Great work sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk