85 replies to this topic

#31 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted September 02, 2012 - 09:01 PM

My brother stopped with the sandblaster yesterday on the way home from delivering corn to the feed mill.My grandfather had 2 barn yard gates there that we dropped off in march for sandblasting and powder coating.He told him that they need to be done by sat or we're picking them up and taking them elsewhere.He also told him about my frame.It hasn't been there as long but long enough for just sandblasting.So we'll see what happens this week.Hopefully it'll light a firecracker in his a** and get it done.I'm keeping my fingers crossed.I'd like to get it back together while it's still fresh in my memory.
  • jdelfjunior said thank you

#32 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted September 14, 2012 - 08:06 PM

My brother and dad stopped to pick up the gates at the sandblaster.Guess what they weren't done.They picked them up anyway,like he said he would.They're getting done elsewhere. He said that he wanted my frame done a.s.a.p.The owner put it back in the blasting barn to do first thing monday.I stopped mon after work and it was done.Brought it home and threw a coat of primer on everything.I found a crack in the frame that needs repaired at the back.I primered it any way so it wouldn't rust.Tommorrow i'm going to grind a v in the crack and wire wheel the primer off so my brother can weld it.I'll get pictures tommorrow.The fender pan looks alot rougher than i remember.I'll have to do some body work on it.
  • johndeereelfman and jdelfjunior have said thanks

#33 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,479 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted September 15, 2012 - 05:57 PM

That's a real shame about the crack Craig. Tell you what I'll do for you. Since you and I are good friends, and we are always looking out for each other, I'll come up tonight and take the whole tractor off of your hands, and eliminate any current and future problems for you. What time would suit you to come up?

All kidding a side, it is a shame about the crack, but I know you'll be able to get it repaired. Glad to hear you finally got your things back from the sandblaster. We probably could have fabricated a new frame for as long as that took.
  • Trav1s and ckjakline have said thanks

#34 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 09:04 PM

Here are the pictures of the frame and my other parts that i have primed.I didn't get to work on the crack today.We had hay to bale and unload.

massey 14 004.JPG massey 14 005.JPG massey 14 007.JPG massey 14 006.JPG
  • johndeereelfman, Trav1s and jdelfjunior have said thanks

#35 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 09:09 PM

That's a real shame about the crack Craig. Tell you what I'll do for you. Since you and I are good friends, and we are always looking out for each other, I'll come up tonight and take the whole tractor off of your hands, and eliminate any current and future problems for you. What time would suit you to come up?

All kidding a side, it is a shame about the crack, but I know you'll be able to get it repaired. Glad to hear you finally got your things back from the sandblaster. We probably could have fabricated a new frame for as long as that took.

Yes i know.We could've had a couple frames fabricated.I was hoping to have alot more done on it by this point,but oh well you'll have this.I should be able to get crack repaired this week and hopefully get frame painted this week end.We'll see what happens.
  • johndeereelfman and jdelfjunior have said thanks

#36 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,696 Thanks
  • 8,890 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 06:57 AM

This may well be the first time I've seen a chainsaw used in a restoration.

#37 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 08:40 AM

Looking good! The fender pan looks pretty straight which is a plus.
  • ckjakline said thank you

#38 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 04:55 PM

Looking good! The fender pan looks pretty straight which is a plus.

It is straight,but it has alot of pitting,which isn't hard to fix.

#39 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted September 17, 2012 - 05:03 PM

This may well be the first time I've seen a chainsaw used in a restoration.

I like to get creative.Thats how i got the paint off.Actually it was put there sometime after i primed the frame and i didn't move it when i took picture.

#40 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Wow, I can't believe how time flies.I had the frame done back in feb.I've had it at my house for about a month now,and am only getting pic posted.The wheels are off being powder coated.I think I put the finish coat on the fender pan today.I'll look at it tomorrow and see how it got,and hopefully bring it home this weekend,and get some pictures of it and post them.Here is the completed frame back together.

jd 140 004.JPG jd 140 005.JPG jd 140 006.JPG

• johndeereelfman, jdelfjunior and twostep have said thanks

#41 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • Member No: 28357
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 07:16 PM

That is looking good...you are making me jealous...

#42 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,479 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 08:59 PM

It's really looking good Craig. These pictures don't do your work justice. It looks a lot better in person. You're doing great my friend. :thumbs:

#43 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted April 16, 2013 - 07:01 PM

I brought the fender pan home tonight.I went and checked it @ 7 last night and it was already dry,but I didn't want to move it yet.So I went and got it tonight.I think it turned out pretty good.

jd 140 2 008.JPG jd 140 2 007.JPG jd 140 2 009.JPG jd 140 2 010.JPG

• KennyP, johndeereelfman, Trav1s and 2 others have said thanks

#44 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted April 16, 2013 - 07:37 PM

I was looking at jdparts.com to check the part num for the fender deck isolaters,and found that the back 2 holes use these between the frame and the fender pan.The front use bushings and washers.Does anyone know if the isolaters could be used in all 4 corners or do I need to get the bushings and hardware.My fender pan wasn't attached when I got it and all the parts are missing to mount the fender pan.I have 2 isolaters already that I got at an auction in a box lot.I just need to get the stuff for the front.If anyone knows ,or has done this before any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

#45 hdg4400 OFFLINE  

hdg4400

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6945
  • 254 Thanks
  • 326 posts

Posted April 16, 2013 - 08:40 PM

ckjakline:

I had a 140 H1 for years, and had the fender pan off a number of times. In my opinion you should use the bushings that they say to use. For one thing, I believe the front bolts are carriage bolts (dome top) so you won't catch anthing on them.

Also, if someone needs the isolators, I have a set (never used) I would sell cheap.

Harlan

• KennyP and ckjakline have said thanks