johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:18 PM

Thanks guys!

Craig, get ready buddy. After the Kitchen and Bathroom are remodeled, next comes the garage and toys!

Mybigwarwagon, as for pictures, I'll get some posted as soon as I can. Won't be able to get in the house until settlement, so exterior pictures will have to do for now.

Yes Bill, the herd is safe, and will be for many years to come. I can't wait to see the John Deere tractor parade headed up the street!

Daniel, your are right. This has been a long, hard process for us, but just confirming that you guys were feeling our pain, and enjoying our excitement, just clarifies again, just how much of a special relationship we all have on this website. I've never met some of you personally, but due to the shared sorrows, pains, and excitement, you all feel like brothers, and I feel like I've known you all for years! I just wish you all lived closer, so that we could be united and joined together for a big celebration party.

You know, I've been thinking about this whole event, and all of you guys praying for us. I know Kathy, the kids, and myself are happy, and glad it's finally starting to come together for us, and we praise God for all of his blessings that he gave us throughout this journey, but I want all of you guys to Thank God personally also, as your prayers were answered for us. Yes, we have received what we asked for, but it couldn't have been done without your prayers. So many times we ask God for blessings, and even though he blesses us many times over, we seldom give him Thanks. Please take some time to Thank him tonight for answering your prayers. His hands were the only reason we got this house, but your prayers are what planted the seed. Let him know that we just don't reply on him whenever something is needed, or wanted. I'm not trying to preach, but rather giving you advice as to ways of reaching your goals or encouraging you of ways to be blessed as well.

Edited by johndeereelfman, November 16, 2012 - 05:15 PM.

• KennyP, twostep and A.C.T. have said thanks

#107 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Troy, I am not the best Christian by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have my faith. I actually did say a short prayer the instant I made the post saying I would, and after reading your post above, I also gave thanks. Yes, most of us do forget to say thanks when prayers are answered, but not this time!
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#108 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 06:56 AM

Great news, Troy! Glad for you and the family!

#109 Enginerod OFFLINE  

Enginerod

• Member No: 1748
  • 205 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 07:58 AM

Glad to hear you got the house, it obviously meant alot to you and your family. Goes to show that sometimes prayers are answered.

#110 truck21 OFFLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2813
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:28 PM

HEY BUDDY,

Bonnie and I are very happy for you guys and hope it`s all smooth sailing from here on out. As far as moving day goes, you know how to contact me, my truck, trailer and anything else I have is yours for the asking. Tell Kathy and the kids we said hello.

THANKS DON & BONNIE.

#111 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 07:18 AM

How Sweet it is!!! We're giving Thanks!

#112 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 08:56 AM

My wife Teresa doesn't read GTT except when I have her (make her...lol) look at something. But I've talked about Troy's trials at getting this home, and even she was happy to hear it all went through as it did. This is so far beyond our GT's in importance, but the GT's are what brought us all together to pull for Troy & his family.
  • johndeereelfman and twostep have said thanks

#113 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 11:27 AM

My wife Teresa doesn't read GTT except when I have her (make her...lol) look at something. But I've talked about Troy's trials at getting this home, and even she was happy to hear it all went through as it did. This is so far beyond our GT's in importance, but the GT's are what brought us all together to pull for Troy & his family.

Ditto here as well.

#114 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 02:20 PM

Good deal man! I'm happy for you all!

#115 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 05:29 PM

[attachment=49626:Our new house Nov 2012 272.JPG][attachment=49627:Our new house Nov 2012 273.JPG][attachment=49628:Our new house Nov 2012 275.JPG][attachment=49629:Our new house Nov 2012 278.JPG]

Here are the exterior pictures of the new place. Below are some pictures we took when we did a walk through back in August, while trying to figure out where we are going to put a bathroom. The left picture is standing in the living room looking towards the front porch, and the right picture is the foyer, as soon as you step in the front door. Needs some work, mostly cosmetics, consisting of carpet, sanding of original wood floors, and some painting.

[attachment=49630:Our new house Nov 2012 041.JPG][attachment=49631:Our new house Nov 2012 043.JPG]

We are so excited!!!!!!!

Edited by johndeereelfman, November 16, 2012 - 05:32 PM.

• olcowhand and twostep have said thanks

#116 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 05:34 PM

Does it not have a bathroom? LOL Looks nice, Troy. I'm sure you folks will enjoy it a lot.
  • MH81 and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#117 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 05:42 PM

Troy is that a shop and a 2 car garage or is that one building? In either case it looks like you will have a nice shop. Glad you all got what you wanted. :thumbs:

#118 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 05:48 PM

Does it not have a bathroom?

Yes, it does have a full bathroom. You have to walk through the third bedroom in order to get to it, so I want to relocate it, and make it more centralized to upstairs. I also want to install another bathroom downstairs on the first floor, just off the kitchen. However, the first project will be knocking out a wall between the kitchen and sitting room, so that I can install a new kitchen, that will be located next to the dining room. As you can see in the picture of the back of the house, the roof sags a little, so I will invest in an adjustable steel post, and slowly work the roof back up to it's normal position.

So, you think I can get 25 garden tractors and 1 farm tractor in that garage?
  • KennyP said thank you

#119 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 05:54 PM

Very carefully!
Gotcha on the relocate of the bath. Main problems with that is getting the drain piping in. Kitchen sounds like an easier task.

#120 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 06:00 PM

Troy is that a shop and a 2 car garage or is that one building?

Bill, there are two pictures of the garage. One looking from the house, and the other of course, looking from the alley way. When looking at the garage doors picture, I planning on double stacking my garden tractors in the laft bay, and turning the farm tractor cross ways at the front of the right bay. Between the two garage doors, are a set of bi-fold wood doors. The previous owner just ran siding over the exterior side of these doors, but while standing on the inside of the garage, you can see the doors, and they appear to still be functional. May just have to get them opened back up again. Oh, and there is full storage above the garage with pull down stairs, for mower decks, miscellaneous parts and frames, wheels and tires, and my farm toy collection. After my wife's taken care of with the house projects, you better believe I'm going to busy in this garage, remodeling, and laying out the work bench. I don't know for sure yet, but I think I'll decorate the garage with a John Deere theme. :D
  • MH81 and sacsr have said thanks