#76 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:15 PM

Troy, I have to agree with HDWildBill, buying, selling, moving ALL are a MAJOR STRESS....Been there, done it more times than I want, now that I'm on the family homestead I hope to never move again until its to a pine box...

"We get this house, I already told my wife this will be the last one. I'm not going through this again!"

Remember God's timing is not always our timing and if this whole thing falls apart then it means God has other plans for you and your family.
Hang tough, still praying for God's best for all of you, keep us in the loop.

"Thank you! I want to get excited but I know there is still a chance that this could fall through. I have no doubt that we are in good hands, and that we will be well provided for. It's just the anticipation that is starting to get to me. We have been through so much, that it's almost hard to believe that it's just about over."

Edited by johndeereelfman, October 31, 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#77 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 02:26 PM

Just got back from going through the house we want to buy at auction, and our Insurance agent said the wiring is fine, and won't be an issue. Really good news for us! However, there were a lot more people there, wanting to buy the house, then I would have thought. I realize this is just the first open house, and that most of those people won't be back for the auction, but seeing all of those young couples walking around with thier parents, just gave my wife and I a real big sense of disappointment. We heard one lady say that she is willing to go as high as $140,000.00, but she is having a hard time securing her down payment. Really? $140,000.00? I seriously didn't think we would have to go as high as our initial offer from the owner at $120,000.00.

We need God to come through for us. We didn't come this far to be let down by an unreasonable bid. Every major obstacle that came up and kept us from either selling our place or getting this other place, has been delt with and is no longer an issue. Surely God is going to grant the ownership of this house to us. Surely these past 5 months weren't for nothing? Even my neighbor who was mad at me for not listing our house with him, came and apologized to me. In fact, he is the one who our buyers are working with. God has got to have his hand in all of this. Things like this just don't work out themselves.

Ok, enough venting. I guess it's just easier, and smarter taking out my frustration and disappointments on you guys, instead of my wife and kids. Thanks for being there for me, again!

Edited by johndeereelfman, November 03, 2012 - 04:28 PM.

• HDWildBill and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#78 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,945 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 04:21 PM

I know the first several auctions I went to hoping to bid, I was shocked how many people were there. All of them seemed to be checking it out fairly hard. But then only a few actually bid. I wonder if it is a pastime for some to check out the open houses. I hope you can get it.
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#79 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 04:29 PM

Seems like the perfect place to let off some steam and I'm confident there's a whole team on your side here hoping and wishing for nothing but the Best for you & yours. Stay strong

#80 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 06:11 PM

Troy if it is meant to be it will happen. That is easy for me to say, I have had my own sleepless night's hoping I could swing a deal or something we were trying to do would come through. Just vent then take a deep breath and above all don't vent on the family they are going through the same fears, frustrations as you are. Just keep coming here and release your frustrations. Eventually everything will work out it just might not be in your time frame.

#81 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 08:34 PM

Troy vent away we can handle it...Now I gotta admit when I heard about that gal getting beat up at school by some bully on halloween I was ready to get the credit card for gas and travel up there and kick some butt. I showed my wife that post and she was ready to go with me...a couple cups of coffee later she pointed out that we would both be in jail and our kids wouldn't have parents for a while and that wouldn't be very good either...I truly hope that the family can press charges or something. Maybe we are a little more red-neck around here but just cause she didn't need an ER would not have stopped the local authority from putting some road-bumps on that punk.

#82 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 09:12 PM

Troy, vent all you need to. We're all ears.
We will continue to send prayers until you are in the house you want.

#83 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:57 PM

Ok guys, If I ever needed your prayers the most, it would be tonight. The auction for the house starts at 6:00, (about two hours) and even though I feel confident that we are going to be the next homeowners, a little extra prayer won't hurt. Please keep my wife (Kathy) and I in your thoughts this evening, or afternoon depending on where you live, and send prayers our way. We have come a long way, and conquered many hurtles, and finally have all remaining problems worked out and ready to go. This is it! We're a little nervous, and a little excited, all at the same time, but we know no matter what happens tonight, that God will take care us. Wish us the best, and know that we Thank each and everyone of you for you support, and we appreciate all the prayers and words of encouragement that you all have sent.

We will keep you posted as soon as the auction is over, and we know the results.

Troy

#84 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 04:11 PM

Saying a quick prayer for you soon as I get this posted!

#85 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 04:39 PM

Sure hope you get it Troy, Best of luck.

#86 truck21 OFFLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2813
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 04:46 PM

HI TROY,

Good luck from Bonnie and I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don

#87 Grumpy OFFLINE  

Grumpy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 440
  • 642 Thanks
  • 578 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 04:49 PM

Good Luck

#88 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 04:52 PM

Lord, Please keep Troy, Kathy, and family in your grace. Guide them thru the evening and smile upon them with blessings.

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt any if they were the only bidders to show up. :D
  • johndeereelfman and jpackard56 have said thanks

#89 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 05:20 PM

Got my fingers crossed. Want me to come snipe the other bidders> LOL :cowboy_shooter:

#90 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:23 PM

Lord, Please keep Troy, Kathy, and family in your grace. Guide them thru the evening and smile upon them with blessings.

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt any if they were the only bidders to show up. :D

Just got in from work, couldn't say it any better ! Praying for God's best for you guys.