• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#61 Fabman OFFLINE  

Fabman

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 10:04 PM

Were still thinking about ya and praying for you Troy. Stay strong .

#62 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 07:40 AM

Still lookin for things to work out for you guys.

#63 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 08:17 PM

Well, it's been a while since I've updated our situation, so I thought I'd fill you guys in. We are expecting our listing agent to show up at 9:30 tonight, so that we can go over a contract offer on our house. We have a party interested, but they are offering us less than our selling price. Since the auction for the house we are wanting is November 13th, we thought we should at least look at the offer, and see what terms or hoops may be required.

As for the house we are wanting, we ran into some snags there as well. The house is being sold as is. After checking out the current electrical supply, I found the house only has a 60 amp service, which is considered a fire hazard, and Insurance Companies won't provide coverage for. No Insurance means no Mortgage. So now I have to shift the renovation money that I have set aside for the Kitchen and Bathroom, into re-wiring the whole house if we get it at auction. I was planning on remodeling the house eventually, say over a period of four to five years, but now I might have to re-think that planning, and do it all at once. My other stepping stone is, possibly paying more for the house then it actually appraises for. Last thing I want to do is bid $120,000.00 for the house, and find out later that the house only appraises for $100,000.00. Then I'll have to find some way of coming up with the $20,000.00 difference, since the bank will only give me a mortgage for the amount of what the house is appraised at.

The couple that is interested in our house, made us an offer for our house three weeks ago, for $15,000.00 less than our listing price. I came down to meet them half way, and they turned around and counter offered for only $2,000.00 more than the offer. Now they are back and wanting our place for the price that we came down to. I'm so confused as to what to do. Anybody have any advise to offer?
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#64 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 08:50 PM

Honestly, I think you need to sit down and rethink the new house your looking at. It really sounds like an up hill battle to me. If it wasnt for the auction deadline and the "hurry up" to get into a new place would you really be considering that house. Houses are like GTs, there will be another one to come along if you wait. From what I have read on this thread, you could easily go belly up on buying this place.

In the end its your decision, follow your gut feeling on this one.

Best wishes and we will keep you in our prayers.
  • Texas Deere and Horse, johndeereelfman and HDWildBill have said thanks

#65 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 09:30 PM

Troy, sometimes the signs we ask for aren't as obvious as we'd like. It would be a lot easier if a booming voice from the heavens would tell us what to do.

I think you need to look at this from an outside perspective. Pretend you're not involved at all and really look hard at the situation. Many things will affect you financially, emotionally, etc, not to mention the time requirements needed to do what you're thinking.

Here, we got in over our head, even with our little house. We kept doing this and buying that... Paint here, Sheetrock there. Friends and family helped labor wise on the projects, but Karen getting laid off almost finished us, we pulled thru... Just.

I just don't want the house of your dreams to become a burden, distance yourself emotionally, and ask for guidance.

As for the electrical and mechanical upgrades. Learned the hard way to take the maximum $ figure you think it will be and multiply that by 2.5. Optimism has no place in budgeting for renovations.

Please don't think I'm trying to be negative. I want what is best for you and your family. May He guide you and keep you while you make your decisions. Good luck to you my friend.
  • Texas Deere and Horse, johndeereelfman and HDWildBill have said thanks

#66 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 09:35 PM

Thanks coldone. I woud really like to go with my gut feeling, but for the past four days, I just feel numb. We signed the contracts tonight for selling our house, which we will only sell if we are successful at buying the other house. I don't think the other house will go for much at auction, so hopefully I'll have some extra money to put towards my wife's new kitchen. I just can't help but feel that we are to just go for it. I had to put it all in God's hands, as I just can't handle the pressure anymore. Selling a house is supposed to be a joyous occasion, so how much longer do we have to wait until that time comes?

Thanks for the prayers, and please, keep them coming. Until this is all over, we will need all the help we can get!
  • MH81 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#67 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 09:56 PM

Alan, I did try to look at this from an outsider's point of view, and believe me, if it weren't for my wife and kids having thier hearts so set on this place, I would have ran a long time ago. I have Faith that God will either make this place affordable for us, or he will give us something new to look at. No matter what happens, my Faith will always remain strong, will be wondering why a lot, but will continue to be strong. Growing up as a kid, my Dad always bought things that he wanted, not considering about my Mom's feelings, and he usually bought things on impulse without thinking it totally through. I always told myself that I would not be like that whenever I became a Husband and a Father. I want the best for my family, and will do whatever it takes to make them happy, and unlike my Dad, Kathy and I always discuss our thoughts and feelings about big decision items. We always try to point out both the good and the bad of each purchase, and then make our final decision based on the over all out come. When we talk about this house we are looking to buy, Kathy's eyes start to smile. I know she's excited, and that she wants this place more than anything. So if I should find any doubt in my mind, I just have to trust God for making it happen for us. I don't want my wife and kid's hearts broken, and I already have the whole garage layed out and remodeled in my head, so if this doesn't happen for us, I'll be disappointed too!
  • MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#68 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 07:53 AM

I appreciate where you're coming from and trust that you will get to your goal, All the Best.
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#69 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:37 AM

Well, our house is under contract! Yahoo!!!! We talked to the Insurance Company, and they are coming out to meet us at the first scheduled open house this Saturday the 3rd. They are going to walk the house with us to see just what all is involved with the wiring, and hopefully we can get something worked out, and I won't have to re-wire the whole house right away. The buyers of our house haven't asked for closing cost help, and both, our terms and thier terms have been agreed upon, so there is no turning back now. We have a clause, that if we don't get the house we want at auction, then the sell of our house is null and void, and I want the seller to have all of his inspections and appraisals done before the auction date of November 13th. The seller agreed, and the only cost I would have would be to refund his inspection fees if we don't sell. Things are starting to fall in place for us, but it's still a little early to get really excited.

#70 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 11:19 AM

Troy, I have never found buying and selling a home not stressful. Having the insurance company come out and look at the house is a good idea. Someone not involved will give you a better perspective of what will be needed. If you know someone else that is in the construction or home industry you might want to also ask them to look at the house and get their opinion. This will give you a better idea of what is going to be needed. Wish you and your family the best, hang in there buddy.

#71 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 11:32 AM

Wooohoo. Great news. Hope things fall into place soon.

#72 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 11:39 AM

Good news Troy! Hopefully all goes through well for you this go-round!

#73 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,498 Thanks
  • 39,728 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 05:37 PM

Sounds good, Troy! Good Luck!

#74 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 07:53 PM

Troy, I have to agree with HDWildBill, buying, selling, moving ALL are a MAJOR STRESS....Been there, done it more times than I want, now that I'm on the family homestead I hope to never move again until its to a pine box...But it sounds like things are coming together for you folks. Dealing with insurance can also be difficult , their demands can sometimes seem unreasonable but it will give you an accurate description of the required work to get estimates with.
Remember God's timing is not always our timing and if this whole thing falls apart then it means God has other plans for you and your family.
Hang tough, still praying for God's best for all of you, keep us in the loop.
  • johndeereelfman and HDWildBill have said thanks

#75 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:08 PM

Continued Blessings, waitin' on more pieces to line up, steady as she goes...