caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 06, 2012 - 06:31 PM

Try to keep your chin up Troy! We'll keep praying that God will answer your prayers and grant you the new house. Keep the faith and hang in there Buddy!
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#47 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted August 07, 2012 - 07:03 AM

I'm still believing our house will be sold. I know sometimes God waits until the last minute to give blessing, as a way of testing our faith, but it's hard for me, since I was never a last minute person.

:iagree: He's never late to provide.. hang in there.

#48 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 07, 2012 - 08:14 AM

Troy, sorry to hear you are having trouble selling your property. We've been in a similar situation and I know it gets tiresome hearing all the reasons why people don't buy. Just keep on showing it and someone will come along and buy. Advertising was something we used to get more people to the open houses.

#49 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted August 11, 2012 - 08:27 PM

God has his reasons that we can't explain, and his ways that only he understands. He is listening, He does see what you need.

#50 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 08:09 AM

Still thinking of you and praying...

#51 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 12:30 PM

I know sometimes God waits until the last minute to give blessing, as a way of testing our faith, but it's hard for me...

maybe my story will keep your faith up... about the first of the year we decided that we just couldn’t deal with our neighborhood for raising my girls up in. I wanted them to have a yard to play in and wanted to be able to have a big garden for growing as much of our own food as we could... maybe even have a goat or two.

Anyway, we listed our house at the end of February and like you we had a couple of small things that needed to be done. We started looking for a new place casually but didn't want to get ourselves into a bind so that we have to sell fast... well that didn't turn out. But the story isn't too short, here me out. First we found a place, 8 acres, established pond, nice big implement barn and a huge stable. The house needed a lot of updating but that doesn’t scare me. We put in an offer contingent upon our house selling and a home inspection. Well it turns out the place was about to collapse. They wouldn’t fix the structural issues so we backed out… good thing too because we wouldn’t have sold our house in time. So fast forward a couple of months and we find another place out in the country and absolutely love it. House is great, lot is big enough and it’s in a good location. We put in an offer and ask for 2 months till the closing date and if we can’t sell ours in time we’ll just rent it…

We were down to 3 weeks till closing time and getting very nervous, I had loaded up the family and we drive to the new house to do the home inspection and in the middle of it our realtor calls and says that we had received an offer on our house… The buyers wanted to close in 2.5 weeks!!! Fast forward another 2 months and we are in our new house without the stress of a unprofitable rental property in a not-so-good neighborhood. The 2yo wants to be out in the yard all the time since she has so much room to run and play. I’ve got as much garden space as I want/can handle and we couldn’t be happier. You don’t have to tell me that God doesn’t guide us where he wants us to be. The whole time we were going through this we just prayed for what was best for our family and for God to give us the patience and the peace of mind that things would work out.

The moral of the story is that even if this first place doesn’t work out that doesn’t mean that God won’t guide you where you need to go.
  • johndeereelfman and sacsr have said thanks

#52 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thanks twostep, that made the wait worth while. We walked up to the new place Monday night and laid our hands on the front door, and confessed that we will be the new owners of the house, and asked God to send us a buyer soon, as we reminded him that time is running out. We haven't received any phone calls for appointments since we dropped the asking price by another $4,000.00, but we have gotten a phone call from the realitor wanting to do another final open house this Sunday again. My mortgage company asked if I'd be interested in dropping the asking price by another $15,000.00, just so we could sell the house quickly, but to me, that just isn't an option. I didn't want to drop $8,000.00, and now they want another $15,000.00? Really?

My wife and I are praying that the buyer of our house will attend the open house this Sunday, and will be willing to buy the house as is, for the price that we are currently at, and will be paying cash so that we don't have to go through the waiting period of getting finanaces. I'm asking for you, my fellow brothers, to pray and confess these things with us too. My Faith will always be strong, and I won't let this whole ordeal come between God and I, but I will admit that I'm starting to wonder if all of this is really worth it. I'm trying to be strong for my family, and I'm trying to show my kids that God will provide for us and he will follow through with his word, "ask, and you shall receive the desires of your heart", but sometimes the doubt just wants to run me over, and say, wake up and get over all of this. I'm a carpenter, so naturally I want to fix this and make my families dreams come true, but even this is something more than what a hammer and nail can fix or make happen!

#53 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 26, 2012 - 08:31 PM

A quick update and praise report. We had another open house today, and we had three parties come through. First couple were investors, and are really interested in buying the place. My realitor said they were here for quite a while, but thinks they may come back with a counter offer. The second party was a family of six, who are interested as well, and the realitor said they were here the longest. The third party was a single lady who is also an investor, and already owns about three other houses on our block. She is looking for a house for her daughter. My realitor said he is expecting a return visit back from her. So all of this is very good news!

But, if that weren't enough, our new next door neighbors that just bought the other half of our house, has a friend that is "VERY" interested in buying our house, and he has an appointment for tomorrow evening.

So, we have four good opportunities here, and I'm really believing that we will have a phone call back from our realitor by this Wednesday saying we have an agreement set, and the paper work can now begin!

Thank you everyone for the prayers! Kathy and I really appreciate all of you standing firm with us, and for agreeing with us that our house will be SOLD!!!!!
  • dstaggs, MH81 and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#54 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted August 26, 2012 - 08:41 PM

Troy,
You and your family have been in my thoughts pretty much every morning and evening. Been very hopeful that you get everything you need and quickly enough for it all to work out.

Lets hope the road from here doesn't have any bumps.

#55 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted August 26, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Yep, that sounds like good prospects. Could be that the price lowering helped, too. We had 7 months with 2 houses, so know the kind of things that can make a difference. Make sure to look at your listing often on realtor.com. Make sure it's accurate and lists not just the basics, but any nice-to-haves that you may have noticed or built in over the years. And pay attention to the 'ranges' that come up on the search screen. Realtor.com search has ranges like 25k-50k, 50-75k, etc. I don't know exactly what they are, but when you drop into a lower range you get a whole host of new people who hit it on their searches.

#56 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted August 26, 2012 - 09:28 PM

Great news Troy! Have been praying for good news!

#57 Fabman OFFLINE  

Fabman

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted August 26, 2012 - 10:30 PM

Are prayers are with ya Troy. We went through a similar situation about 15yrs ago and all worked out well. Keep the faith it will work out.

#58 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Just an update for all you that are helping us. We didn't meet the deadline of August 31, but the offer for the house we want was extended one more month, giving us until the end of September to sell our house. Well, September came and went, and our house still isn't sold. We had an offer this past Wednesday, but the buyer's offer was $15,000.00 less than our asking price. Kathy and I went over our numbers, and decided to meet them halfway, but it turns out, the buyer didn't really want our house, and was just using us to see how low we were willing to come down on our price.

The house we want, will be auctioned off on November 14th @ 4:00 pm, so we still have around five weeks to get our house sold. If our house isn't sold by then, then we can't even think about going to the auction to buy the house of our dreams. We are still believing that we are going to be the new owners of that house, however we will need a miracle to happen pretty soon!

If things don't work out for us, I just want to take this time to Thank all of you that have been supporting us throughout this journey, and giving us words of encouragement. We Thank all of you for the prayers, and want you all to know we couldn't have made it this far without you. You truely are Friends and Brothers, and even though we are discouraged right now, please know that our Faith is still strong, we're not giving up, and we still would like to have you all pray for us, as we are determined to finish this to the end.

You all are truely thought of as Family, and I really don't know how far we would have made it without you all!

Take Care,
Troy
  • dstaggs, KennyP and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#59 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 08:54 PM

I surely hope that you get the miracle you & your family need Troy!

#60 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 08:59 PM

I've been thinking of this, but hesitated to bring it up.

Continued prayers have been sent and will continue to be sent until you get the house you need.