daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 07:50 PM

Troy, I hope it works out well for you, but consider what Daniel and I tell you to beware and have the prospective house checked out. A home inspection can save alot of headache later.

I hope to see the detached garage full of GTs in the future as well.
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#17 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 07:52 PM

Troy, your family is in our prayers that everything works out for you.

#18 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'll be praying that the Lord will bless you with all of the cards falling into place! Remember that we are all pulling and praying for you. You'll be missed, but take care of everything you need to and we'll see you when you have the time. God bless - Steve

#19 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 09:52 PM

Guys, THANK YOU SO MUCH, for all of the encouragement and prayers, it really means a lot to know that I have so many friends that support me. So far, all of our prayers have been getting answered, and everything is a go, as long as we can get our house sold.

As for house condition, the oil burner was replaced 5 years ago, the house roof was replaced within the past eight years, and the house itself is really structurally sound for its age. The house was built in 1847. As for putting work into it, it consists pretty much of just cosmetics, such as paint and hard wood floor refinishing. I am however, planning on installing a new bathroom and kitched, as these two rooms are either out dated, too small, or just in a bad location. I can do all the labor in both of these rooms, and the material for these rooms is alotted for out of the commision that we would be making off of our house now. With the Lords guidence and through lots of prayer, the pieces are all lined up and ready to be assembled, but we just can't do that until the house is sold.

As for the 2 1/2 car garage..........that was the first thing I wanted to start in, but the wife has other plans! So for now, the tractors need to take a back seat, which is fine with me........well, maybe for a little while. I'm excited to tear into the new place, and make it the potential that is has. I love the challenge, and look forward to making the new place our home.

As for the guys offering help, don't be surprised if I call upon you. As of right now, all I have is my wife and kids. The rest of my family may come around in time, as I don't think they think we will go through with the deal. Even so, this week will be the hardest of any. I worked all day today hanging drywall in our stairway and upstairs hallway, just to help cover up all of the cracked plaster, so hopefully tomorrow night I can start spackling the joints. We get the drywall done, then I need to focus on getting some of the windows painted and touched up. The wife and kids will be busy packing boxes, and getting them transported to the rental garage, so as you can imagine, our schedule this week will be full.

Again, a big THANK YOU to all of you guys for your support and prayers, and I'll check in as time allows.

Take Care,
Troy
  • Newpaws493 said thank you

#20 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 09:54 PM

Troy hope all works out, Sounds like you must have found the Perfect place. GOOD LUCK

#21 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 10:01 PM

As they said, good luck.

I'd say to be careful of this deal, but if you're saying that mortgage companies and realtors are involved, and they're not fly-by-night operations, that you're covered well.

#22 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 04:15 AM

Best of luck, and prayers are on their way!

#23 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 05:46 PM

Troy, I hope everything works out for you and your family. I know how nerve racking something like this can be. We did the same thing when we moved to Bremen.

#24 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 07:36 PM

Good Luck Troy, sounds like a wonderful opportunity...

Seize it...

Kindest Regards,
Jim

#25 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 08:27 PM

Best of luck in your new adventure.
Caveat emptor.

#26 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 09:05 PM

Well Guys,

Just another quick update, and to let you know that God is really working miracles. Talked to the seller earlier today, and he has agreed to still sell us the house, as long as we have our place under contract or agreement by the end of August. Until today, he wanted everything finallized by the end of August, so this is good news for us. He is also going to pay for the fall taxes for us, so that we don't have that to worry about, which would come to $2,147.00. YA-HOO! His lawyer who is making up the contract, says by law, a down payment must be transacted to make the contract legal. Something we were afraid might happen, and depending on the amount, may just end the deal for us. The seller agreed to us writing him a check for $100.00 to be used as the down payment, and when everything is all said and done, he will give that money back to us. This is just incredible news for us!

My wife wanted to use her Dad's trailer to help haul stuff to the storage garage, which his trailer takes an 1-7/8" ball. I have one, but wasn't sure where it might be. I went out to the shed to find a box that I thought it would be in, and the box wasn't there. In frustration, I gave a sigh, and hung my head, and as I was looking at the floor, the 1-7/8" ball was laying right there at my feet! Is that God or what? That ball was put away somewhere, since I don't use it much. I never would have had it laying right there in the open like that. I had goose pimples all over, because I knew God put it there for me to find, since he knows we are short on time. We are being so blessed with answered prayers right now, that it overwhelms us.

Again, time is short, but I just wanted to let you all know how things are going, and to let you know that your prayers are being answered! Keep them coming guys, as we still have a lot to do yet, and we are a far cry from being out of the woods!

Thank you all, and Take Care,
Troy
  • Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#27 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 10:23 PM

Troy, good news to hear things are working for you instead of against you.

May all your needs be met, may a buyer find you in a hurry, and may all go well with the move.

#28 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted June 27, 2012 - 12:56 AM

That's great news, Troy! Hope all continues to go well! Thanks for the update!

#29 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 07:49 PM

Checkin' in trust all is well..

#30 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted July 09, 2012 - 07:59 PM

Troy hope all is well and it is going your way. I truly believe if it is God's will it will happen! Keep the faith!