Garden Tractor Forums banner

Will Be Gone For A While....

7K views 134 replies 38 participants last post by  MH81 
#1 ·
My wife and I were just given a once in a life time deal on a house right around the corner from where we live now, and I would be foolish not to take it. It is an excellent chance to provide a much bigger home for my family, and as a father and husband, I feel it is my duty to pursue the chance to provide.

The house is being offered to us privately, and the owner wants to move fast, and have everything finallized by the end of August, but with us having to sell our current house first, we don't have much time to get our house ready for listing. We have lots of items that must be kept in self storage, just so people can walk through our house to see the true room sizes and availability our house has to offer. We have our work cut out for us, and with our busy season at work just starting, our task will not be an easy one.

The house that we are looking at buying is being offered to us for less than what our half of a house will sell for. The new place is a large single home with 3 bedrooms, full basement and attic, lots of yard, and a detached 2 1/2 car garage with full attic storage. We are excite about this offer, and it really would be a blessing if it all works out for us. Everything is a go with the morgage company and the reality company, so now it's in God's hands to find us a buyer within the next few weeks.

Keep us in your prayers that everything will work out, a buyer will come very quickly, and that we can have our house ready for showing by next weekend. I don't have a lot of help with this, so my wife and kids will be doing most of the packing during the day while I'm at work, and I'll do the bigger tasks after I'm home from work.

So, with all of the work that needs to be done, I just wanted to let you all know that I won't be logging in for the next couple of weeks/months. I'll post updates as I can, but as of right now, I can't promise much.

Troy

See less See more
#3 ·
Best of luck on this, Troy! Hope and pray it works in your favor. Give us a holler when you can, we'll all be pulling for you!

Reactions: johndeereelfman
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Troy, I wish you the best of luck. But be cautious on a fast deal. Look close at the new place to be sure there are no hidden problems. Older homes can be notorious for them, as I know well with my own. But surely your neighbors can be trusted. Hoping all works out perfectly for you & family. Keep in touch whenever you can, as we'd love to hear an update when everything is a done deal.
Guess the garden has to be put on the wayside this year for you, but more important fish to fry!
OH.....and a 2 1/1 car DETACHED garage is super! No fumes from the GT's getting in the home!

#6 ·
Troy I hope you find a buyer quickly. It sounds like a great move for your family. Keep us posted! A 2-1/2 car garage...Nice! How many GT's does that translate to?

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Troy, My family and I will be PRAYING for everything to go smoothly and quickly. It will work out my friend. Family is more important then GT's and you will be missed here, but take care of your family's needs and get back to us when you have time. GOD BLESS!!

#16 ·
Troy, I hope it works out well for you, but consider what Daniel and I tell you to beware and have the prospective house checked out. A home inspection can save alot of headache later.

I hope to see the detached garage full of GTs in the future as well.

#18 ·
I'll be praying that the Lord will bless you with all of the cards falling into place! Remember that we are all pulling and praying for you. You'll be missed, but take care of everything you need to and we'll see you when you have the time. God bless - Steve

#19 ·
Guys, THANK YOU SO MUCH, for all of the encouragement and prayers, it really means a lot to know that I have so many friends that support me. So far, all of our prayers have been getting answered, and everything is a go, as long as we can get our house sold.

As for house condition, the oil burner was replaced 5 years ago, the house roof was replaced within the past eight years, and the house itself is really structurally sound for its age. The house was built in 1847. As for putting work into it, it consists pretty much of just cosmetics, such as paint and hard wood floor refinishing. I am however, planning on installing a new bathroom and kitched, as these two rooms are either out dated, too small, or just in a bad location. I can do all the labor in both of these rooms, and the material for these rooms is alotted for out of the commision that we would be making off of our house now. With the Lords guidence and through lots of prayer, the pieces are all lined up and ready to be assembled, but we just can't do that until the house is sold.

As for the 2 1/2 car garage..........that was the first thing I wanted to start in, but the wife has other plans! So for now, the tractors need to take a back seat, which is fine with me........well, maybe for a little while. I'm excited to tear into the new place, and make it the potential that is has. I love the challenge, and look forward to making the new place our home.

As for the guys offering help, don't be surprised if I call upon you. As of right now, all I have is my wife and kids. The rest of my family may come around in time, as I don't think they think we will go through with the deal. Even so, this week will be the hardest of any. I worked all day today hanging drywall in our stairway and upstairs hallway, just to help cover up all of the cracked plaster, so hopefully tomorrow night I can start spackling the joints. We get the drywall done, then I need to focus on getting some of the windows painted and touched up. The wife and kids will be busy packing boxes, and getting them transported to the rental garage, so as you can imagine, our schedule this week will be full.

Again, a big THANK YOU to all of you guys for your support and prayers, and I'll check in as time allows.

Take Care,
Troy

#26 ·
Well Guys,

Just another quick update, and to let you know that God is really working miracles. Talked to the seller earlier today, and he has agreed to still sell us the house, as long as we have our place under contract or agreement by the end of August. Until today, he wanted everything finallized by the end of August, so this is good news for us. He is also going to pay for the fall taxes for us, so that we don't have that to worry about, which would come to $2,147.00. YA-HOO! His lawyer who is making up the contract, says by law, a down payment must be transacted to make the contract legal. Something we were afraid might happen, and depending on the amount, may just end the deal for us. The seller agreed to us writing him a check for $100.00 to be used as the down payment, and when everything is all said and done, he will give that money back to us. This is just incredible news for us!

My wife wanted to use her Dad's trailer to help haul stuff to the storage garage, which his trailer takes an 1-7/8" ball. I have one, but wasn't sure where it might be. I went out to the shed to find a box that I thought it would be in, and the box wasn't there. In frustration, I gave a sigh, and hung my head, and as I was looking at the floor, the 1-7/8" ball was laying right there at my feet! Is that God or what? That ball was put away somewhere, since I don't use it much. I never would have had it laying right there in the open like that. I had goose pimples all over, because I knew God put it there for me to find, since he knows we are short on time. We are being so blessed with answered prayers right now, that it overwhelms us.

Again, time is short, but I just wanted to let you all know how things are going, and to let you know that your prayers are being answered! Keep them coming guys, as we still have a lot to do yet, and we are a far cry from being out of the woods!

Thank you all, and Take Care,
Troy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.