Just Got Home From Arendtsville...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 twostacks OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 04:20 PM

Steve, I had some friends go to that show and they also said it was a good one. You were about 20 minutes or so from my place. I wanted to go but we had prior plans. I'll catch it next year for sure. Gary
  • caseguy said thank you

#17 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 09:09 PM

Just an update...(big sigh) In a previous post, I mentioned that the fenders that I bought were fairly "universal for the late model round hoods. That information was incorrect. The fenders that I bought were marked "701". They were, however, marked incorrectly. They are the right set up for the 854, but they would not be correct for the 551 or the 701. the differences are subtle, but if you look at the 3 different configurations from the RJ to the 704 / 854 you can see the progression to make them better, stronger, and more appealing. I didn't memorize the part numbers, but would be able to tell by looking at them what model they would fit. As it just so happens, I have one of each of the different types which made the comparison easier. Sorry for any confusion that I may have caused.

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,703 Thanks
  • 28,346 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 07:12 AM

Steve, sorry your fenders weren't what you thought they were. Now, to find a fender less 854.
  • caseguy said thank you

#19 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 08:35 AM

Sorry about the fenders Steve. That is a bummer!

#20 grand OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 08:21 PM

Glad to know that you were able to come to our neck of the woods. It looks like you made a nice haul on parts, sorry to learn that the fenders are not what you expected. I had hoped to go to the show for a short time on Friday before leaving on our canoe trip, but doctor appointments for Linda prevented that. We made an overnight trip rather than two days so that I could change the dressing on her ankle. This is definitely the show for the Wheel Horse collectors.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wheel horse, whcc