caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 10:05 PM

We just pulled in the driveway a few hours ago from the Wheel Horse Collector's Club show which was held at the South Mountain Fairgrounds. Wow is all I can say! It was another great show. I don't have a final count of how many tractors showed up, but there were several hundred at least. The weather cooperated in that there wasn't any rain, but there was plenty of heat and humidity to go around! I was pretty busy socializing and shopping this year (the flea market is second to none!) so I didn't get many pictures. I did take a shot of all the goodies I came home with though.

IMAG0432.jpg

We all had a great time at the show and the drives to and from were uneventful as well. I ran into some old friends from past shows and even some folks that I met this spring at PA plow day. I also got to meet member gapper for the first time too!

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 10:20 PM

Glad you guys made it back OK. Looking forward to seeing that plow in person. Wheel weights too!
  • caseguy said thank you

#3 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,521 Thanks
  • 3,916 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 10:28 PM

It was a nice day for a show today. I just remembered tonight that it was today, kinda late to remember. Sounds like it was a good show.

#4 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 10:41 PM

Looks like a nice haul. Glad it was a good time and safe trip.
  • caseguy said thank you

#5 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 10:53 PM

Steve, Very nice plow and wheel weights you picked up.So is the hubs, seat and what model does the fenders fit?
  • caseguy said thank you

#6 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 11:13 PM

Great score! Glad you had a good time and made it back safe!
  • caseguy said thank you

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 05:24 AM

Sounds like a nice show. For someone like me who is still learning about the different brands, a club show like that would be a great education! Looks like you got some nice parts and that plow looks like it's in excellent shape.
  • caseguy said thank you

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 05:35 AM

That would be a good place to get an education on WH Gt's. Not many around this part of the country, either.
  • caseguy said thank you

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 06:49 AM

Steve, glad you and the wife had a good time and safe trip. We would have liked to have gone to meet up with you but we already had the fishing trip planned and just couldn't squeeze the show in. The Wheel Horse show is definitely a great show for Wheel Horse collectors.
  • caseguy said thank you

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 07:35 AM

Steve, Very nice plow and wheel weights you picked up.So is the hubs, seat and what model does the fenders fit?

Brian, he told me over the phone, but listening to an excited wheel horse collector is kinda like listening to a book on tape of just numbers. I am trying to follow along, but am unable to retain sometimes. I think he said it was for the 704? That may have been the hubs tho... Maybe the 564?

IDK, Steve will be along at some point to set me straight and call me later to beat me up about this post :laughingteeth:

I hope he gets his coffee first, otherwise he may not see or appreciate the :poke:

Good morning buddy.
  • caseguy said thank you

#11 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 09:01 AM

Steve, Very nice plow and wheel weights you picked up.So is the hubs and seat...

Looks like you got some nice parts and that plow looks like it's in excellent shape.

Yes the plow is in excellent shape. I don't believe that it has ever seen the dirt! There isn't ANY wear where you'd expect it (inside the pin hole, at the end of the mount bar where it would go into the slot hitch, or on the share). I also believe that it has the original paint on it!

what model does the fenders fit?

They're marked "701", but I bought the fenders to go on the 854. They would fit several models like the 551, 701,702, 703, 704, and the 854... I'm sure I've left several out, but those are the ones I KNOW they'd work on. The tool box would work on the 702, 703, 704, and the 854. It's actually the tool box that I needed for the 854, but the fenders may go on the 551 :laughingteeth:

Sounds like a nice show. For someone like me who is still learning about the different brands, a club show like that would be a great education!

That would be a good place to get an education on WH Gt's. Not many around this part of the country, either.

It is a great place to learn about the models and differences between them! Many of the vendors in the flea market can tell you what parts will fit what models. There's even a "Tech session" hosted by Bill Pearson and a couple of other gentlemen who have been around Wheel Horse for a LOOOOONG time and really know their stuff! Bill is always more than happy to help with random questions too.

Brian, he told me over the phone, but listening to an excited wheel horse collector is kinda like listening to a book on tape of just numbers. I am trying to follow along, but am unable to retain sometimes. I think he said it was for the 704? That may have been the hubs tho... Maybe the 564?

Thanks for trying Alan. I'm sorry that my number soup was confusing LOL.

#12 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 09:04 AM

Steve, just jerking your chain, I'm sorry I didn't get the info to stick. I was actually interested... Out of my element, but interested.

#13 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 09:12 AM

Dang it! Steve, Wish I knew you were going! Would have liked to meet you! Looks like you found some pretty good stuff! I brought home some attachments as well for the RJ's! Did you see the Brian Marion's stainless sickle bar on the 854? Kind of a suprise to see that one. He usually post's all his builds on RS. That was truely awesome! I think I spent most of my time talking to old friends and making new ones! Maybe we'll hook up next year!

#14 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 09:39 AM

Dang it! Steve, Wish I knew you were going! Would have liked to meet you! Looks like you found some pretty good stuff! I brought home some attachments as well for the RJ's! Did you see the Brian Marion's stainless sickle bar on the 854? Kind of a suprise to see that one. He usually post's all his builds on RS. That was truely awesome! I think I spent most of my time talking to old friends and making new ones! Maybe we'll hook up next year!

I'll throw a :ditto: on that! Sorry that we missed each other! I was set up very near to the registration and kitchen area. I had the three rusty ones LOL. The sad thing is we probably walked past each other 100 times! Brian Marion was set up directly behind me across the center field...and I didn't get to stop there this year. I spent about 20 minutes in discussion with him last year and really enjoyed the conversation! I did notice the "Lady Ranger" there this year...didn't get a chance to chat with them either though. We'll have to make plans to meet up next year for sure!
  • whfan74 said thank you

#15 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 09:45 AM

Looks like some good stuff! I am glad you had a safe and fun trip!
  • caseguy said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wheel horse, whcc