Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Something Very Strange For All The Tech Wizards?

great bubble mystery!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,266 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 03:06 PM

Even tho there's no getting back 50 yrs of life together, she will always have the memories of his last few months. At least they managed to reconnect at the end.
  • maxedout said thank you

#17 maxedout OFFLINE  

maxedout
  • Member No: 9548
  • 37 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 08:12 PM

Even tho there's no getting back 50 yrs of life together, she will always have the memories of his last few months. At least they managed to reconnect at the end.

Yep this has been a trying time for her and I have stood by her and will continue to do so.

Edited by maxedout, June 26, 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#18 maxedout OFFLINE  

maxedout
  • Member No: 9548
  • 37 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 08:26 AM

Update! Mowing this week again so I wanted to really check out the JD 214's problem. I tested the Coil and it appears to be good using my tester so I thought well it may be getting seriously hot and letting go. I mowed last night about an hour with the mower it ran fine.

The outside temp wasn't nearly as hot as when my problem happened so that was sort of just see kind of thing.

My next move was to check that fuel pump out so I decided to remove it and make sure all the screws was tight. First thing I found was the two main bolts that hold it on had worked loose and I could just barely move that pump. The other day when I checked those they was snug as a bug.

I checked them last night and one is very loose the other is not tight at all and when I installed that thing I made sure I got them tight and even rechecked them.

At any rate maybe that is the problem and I hope it was. I did change the pump out and put the old one back on and this time I used High Temp Gasket Marker and put it on the pump and gasket and then put some into the screw holes.

I did also notice the new pumps lever was bent slightly different than my older pump and that maybe a problem too. It was hardly noticeable but when I measured it I did get a slight difference.

Today I will test it out for about 3 hours of mowing so I hope I have got it figured out but I am wondering why the bolts wouldn't stay tight. I remember when I took the original pump off the bolts was a little loose. Not as bad as I found them last night but still...

Welp Testing today..I wish myself Luck!