18 replies to this topic

#16 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,947 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 09:57 PM

LOL...Shorty, after I saw your post I looked and seen you are in Lancaster Co also! I had to laugh at Sparky's reply above. I'm dodging those buggies everyday going to and from work. The way some of them drive, you would think they have been drinking! I would have to agree, aerial mapping it is.

I thought that was good too. Truth is they do get in the police log from time to time. From DUI, running stop signs to driving without lights they got it.

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 10:15 PM

We have quite a few people in the Amish community around here. Decent work ethics, pleasant people for the most part.

About 10 years ago, I had an odd situation. I was driving down the road, coming up on a blind hill. Pulling the trailer with a load. About half way up the hill, were two young ladies wearing bonnets walking up the road, they both turned an looked and continued to walk up the middle of the lane. Being safety conscious (theirs and mine) I was forced to crawl along at walking speed instead of going around and risking a head on at the hill top.

Once I could see there was nothing coming and it was safe to go around them, I went by and could see they were suppressing giggles at making me wait. The Devil got me and just as the trailer tires got next to them, I grabbed the controller handle.

Well adjusted trailer brakes will really squeal the tires with a lite load and boy did they squeal. The one who was walking the furthest over ran over her friend trying to get to the berm.

Lord forgive me, but I still smile when I think of it. Hopefully, they learned a lesson that day and were safer pedestrians from then on.
  • Texas Deere and Horse and shorty have said thanks

#18 motobreeder ONLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 11:22 PM

It looks like the arrows that show up on google street view.

Maybe that was a prototype before they got the software?

#19 cadman56 OFFLINE  

cadman56
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9861
  • 31 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 06:14 PM

Good one MH81!!! I would have like to seen the expression on her face after you hit the brakes. My brother-in-law is a lineman for PPL. A few years ago he was called out on a Saturday night to help replace a transformer that blew in the middle of Amish country. He said you would not believe the number of buggies out at 1:00 - 2:00 in the morning. He said when he was up in the bucket a couple of buggies pasted by that had boom boxes blasting away in them!
  • MH81 said thank you