• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,299 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 09:18 PM

Nice blower and nice conversion. Good thing you had the 90* gearbox.

#17 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 10:12 PM

I actually had to use a Tube frame mower-deck gear box as the direction was wrong

#18 Northnboy OFFLINE  

Northnboy
  • Member No: 33000
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 07:31 AM

Great job!  I am thinking of trying this conversion for my 1400 Eliminator, any tips on where to find a gearbox?  Would also like to add a hydraulic lift for the blower but not sure how to tackle that.  Any advice greatly appreciated!  4" of snow here yesterday, thought I was finished with the blower for this winter.  Thanks in advance.

#19 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 10:01 AM

Great job!  I am thinking of trying this conversion for my 1400 Eliminator, any tips on where to find a gearbox?  Would also like to add a hydraulic lift for the blower but not sure how to tackle that.  Any advice greatly appreciated!  4" of snow here yesterday, thought I was finished with the blower for this winter.  Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Gt talk Glad to see more and more Canadian folks joining the forum.your 1400 would be geared ... i have seen many people using power-steering pumps because there small Also i used a bolens tube frame mower deck gear box for the drive system Keep in mind that the pto on that eliminator turns (viewing from the front) clockwise where the tube frame turns counter clockwise there is right And left hand 90* gear boxes so you will need to figure out what is the right one for you application Also for sourcing a gear box i would look at salvage yards and junk yards Maybe Ebay if you cant find any thing close The blower works AMAZING i still don't understand why bolens did not make one in the first place

Cheers

Ty