• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 05:32 PM

One of the guys at work got into Poison Ivy yesterday. We were driving past several Pharmacies on the way back from a jobsite & we stopped at all of them. Not ONE carries Felsnaptha soap. $40 Fel something or other Posion Ivy Treatment, but not the $1 bar of soap that's been helping for generations.

Finally found it- online- at WalMart :wallbanging:

Only place in the darn county that seems to have it. $0.97 a bar.

What the heck????

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 05:49 PM

I guess the pharmacies figure you'll pay the 40$ to stop the itching. I think I would pay it! I find the pharmacy chains up here that dominate the market are very expensive, often double the price of Walmart or other department /grocery store pharmacies. We have poison Ivy around here and I should try to locate some of that Fel soap to have on hand.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 05:52 PM

I wonder if they call it FelsVarthane up there... :p
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 06:06 PM

I am thankful that I don't get poison but all my wife has to do is look at it from 40' away and she gets it. Never heard of the soap before.

One of our customers was telling me he had got poison and that he didn't feel like paying for a doc visit so he went online and searched for home remedies for poison and he found something that said about using a banana peel. He said it worked. I am going to have my wife try it the next time she gets it.

#5 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 06:30 PM

I used to get it really bad! If I was 30 feet upwind of it I would get it. Now, not so much. I eventually stopped putting stuff on it to make it go away and now I just don't get it very much. If I do get it, it's only a few little bumps that may last a day or two.

#6 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 06:49 PM

I am thankful that I don't get poison but all my wife has to do is look at it from 40' away and she gets it. Never heard of the soap before.

One of our customers was telling me he had got poison and that he didn't feel like paying for a doc visit so he went online and searched for home remedies for poison and he found something that said about using a banana peel. He said it worked. I am going to have my wife try it the next time she gets it.

Just don't visit the zoo monkey exhibit after applying the banana :laughingteeth:
  • MH81 said thank you

#7 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 06:56 PM

My nephew gets it if the pollen is in the air. Poison Ivy does not phase me, But Queen Anne's lace will do the same thing to me/

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 10:39 PM

I have an uncle who can roll around in it and one who gets it if you say the words.

I've had it twice, neither time bad, but annoying. The soap isn't an instant cure, but it sure helps. The goal is to break down the oils (why some people rub clorox into it... Shiver) but the oils are hearty. Takes a good soap to get it.

#9 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 12:55 AM

I have an uncle who can roll around in it and one who gets it if you say the words.

I've had it twice, neither time bad, but annoying. The soap isn't an instant cure, but it sure helps. The goal is to break down the oils (why some people rub clorox into it... Shiver) but the oils are hearty. Takes a good soap to get it.

One mistake people who get poison ivy make, is they will take a hot shower after they come in contact with it. That is the worst thing you can do, as it opens up your pores and makes it even worse.

#10 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 02:37 AM

Read this thread and saw some when I went grocery shopping tonight so I picked it up. About a buck and a quarter in the laundry section.