• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted July 05, 2012 - 09:16 PM

I'll try & get some pics of the corn. I started to the other day, but I just hate to post them & have to look at the pics. I have not been looking at the corn every day, as it can get depressing. there are areas of decent corn, just not enough. From a 1/4 mile away, I can see the ground between the rows.....not good!

#122 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,456 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 12:00 PM

Getting some rain here in Tulsa! Had one heavy shower,now it's just sprinkles. Just enough the keep me from doing much! Weather channel says we have gotten 1.2" for the month so far. Hope it stays cloudy. If the sun comes out, it will be extremely humid.

#123 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 12:03 PM

Looking at your radar now Kenny. Maybe you'll get some more rain later on??

#124 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,456 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 12:09 PM

We have a chance all the way into Monday. And it is coming from the East. That is usually a sign of heavy rainfall around here. Don't need it Monday morning, have to haul sheet rock to the job.

#125 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 12:14 PM

We have a chance all the way into Monday. And it is coming from the East. That is usually a sign of heavy rainfall around here. Don't need it Monday morning, have to haul sheet rock to the job.

Take it while you can get it Kenny! That's what they make plastic sheeting for!

#126 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,456 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for reminding me of the plastic. I need to take some to keep the dust of things!

#127 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 12:23 PM

It's 103 now, heading to a record tying 107. My day off, & got to town early to beat the heat. I'll be in the house all the rest of the day under AC. Well, just before dusk I may go pick some sweet corn before the raccoons do.

#128 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,454 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 12:49 PM

Supposed to get to 100* here today , Had a scare last night , got a phone call from my wife , when she got home from work we had NO WATER !!! Told her to shut the well pump breaker and look at all the toilets , she found one very dirty , had her take the lid off , either the chain or something kept the flapper open . Had her close the valve and wait a little while then turnned the pump back that God it started to pick up water agin :dancingbanana: . I tell the kids not to leave the house until they know the the water is filling the toilet if they just flushed it , Al

#129 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 01:11 PM

I looked outside about 45 minutes ago, I didn't look at the weather but I knew it was going to rain so I went outside to pick up a few things. It was not 5 minutes and I was done picking up, them it started to rain. It's not a heavy rain but it is still coming down!

My aunt has problems with water all the time. They built their house a few years ago and it is a nice house, and great surroundings. (What I would consider great surroundings, anyway) But when they drilled the well they did not find a good water vein. They went extra far down trying to find something but they didn't find much. They still have problems with it and it makes it very hard to do much of anything.

#130 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 01:41 PM

Glad you're getting some rain Ryan. It's hot as heck up there too isn't it?

#131 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 03:20 PM

105 here at 3 pm, probably go up at least 2 more degrees! Watered stuff all morning, then spent some time in the shop building a new "two-ear" squirrel feeder (the old one was rotted out). By 3 this afternoon it was up to 95 in the shop with the air on, time for me, Chief & Dottie to come in.

We have hot water heat, so no "central" air, just two window units. This Summer the one in the bedroom (on the west) just can't keep up. It's been 80* (head high) in there at bedtime, 10 o'clock. It does cool quite a bit by morning though! I had to cut the Pecan tree that shaded that window a couple of years ago, so I put a shade cloth over the window with the air conditioner. It helps, but the new tree will be better in a few years. ~~ Lowell

#132 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 03:23 PM

105 & climbing here, but my sender is on the front porch, so it elevates the temp, but this is pretty much what the heat index is:DSC00114.JPG

#133 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,452 Thanks
  • 2,800 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 05:10 PM

its about 102* here, hopefully the last day of this heat. Something bad going to happen tonite as the temp for tomorrow is only to be 84. Probally a big storm with no rain again. On the good part we managed to grow several pints of peas, and i picked the first tomato on the 4th of july. I quess we can grow something without normal rain and just irigation.

#134 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 06:00 PM

We got a lite sprinkle here, Clouds were heavy north and south of us, hope they got some, The temp wasn't as high today so a little break there.

#135 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted July 07, 2012 - 06:32 PM

We have some small rain cells just north of us now (maybe 10 miles), but probably won't amount to much! Topped out at 108* today, don't remember it ever being that hot around here in y 61 years! ~~ Lowell