• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 speedy5966 OFFLINE  

speedy5966

• Member No: 3060
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 08:54 PM

OK guys, I need some help. I'm pretty sure that the control valve on my B219 loader, on my B7100, is bad. Most of the time, I only have gravity down on the arms. If I VERY slowly and carefully press forward on the control, I can get power down, and when I can get it to work, it seems to have full power. I don't hear any squealing, so I don't think it's the pressure relief valve. Also, if I have the bucket on the ground, and tilt the bucket down, it raises the arms of the loader, but not the tractor. It's almost like the arms are in float mode, or something. Everything seems to work normally on the bucket tilt. I have taken the valve apart, but the only o-rings I see are the ones on the end, to prevent fluid from leaking. It does leak some from one of those o-rings, but I can't see how that would affect the power down function, but I could be wrong(I hope I am!). Anyway, I'd like to replace it if it can't be fixed, but I don't know the specs on it. I've read somewhere that they are power beyond type, and I would guess that they have load check, but I don't know. Is there anything else I need to know as far as specs, so I get the right valve? I don't want a joystick type. Call me old fashioned, but I really prefer the two separate handles. Or, if someone can point me to a generic replacement, that would be great.

Also, as a side question, most of the valves I see that are "ideal for loader control valves" have one port with float. From what I can find online, "float" means that the cylinder is allowed to move at will. Why would you want that on a loader?

Thanks all!!

#2 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Is the hydraulic fluid full? That's the first thing I would check.

Have you done any work on the hydraulic system lately? There might be air in the system. If there is just cycle through the movements a bunch of times and it will work out the air eventually.

I don't think a bad spool would cause that, although I could be wrong.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 05:00 AM

I use float a lot on my loader. whenever I want to smooth something by back dragging I set the angle of the bucket and hit the float on the lift and backup. This allows the bucket edge to smooth the surface with just the weight of the loader arms and bucket. By changing the angle of the bucket edge you can change how aggressive the edge digs in to the surface. This is a very handy feature.
I would check the linkage between the valve and the lever. It almost sounds to me like that may be your problem rather than the valve itself.

#4 speedy5966 OFFLINE  

speedy5966

• Member No: 3060
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for the quick responses!
PK Fanatic: Yup, first thing I checked, fluid is full, and fresh. This is the first time I've had any of it apart, and if there was air in the system, I would have long ago worked it out. I've put over 100 hours on it since I got it. about half of it with the loader.
JDBrian: Good call on the float usage, never thought of that. The linkage works smoothly and correctly with no binding.

One thing I did think about, is that the leak is on the valve for the arm control valve, so maybe that does have something to do with it. Gonna get new O-rings today, and see.

One other thing to ask: open center or closed?

Thanks to everyone for their ideas, keep them coming!! :thumbs:

Edited by speedy5966, June 21, 2012 - 09:00 AM.