#16 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 10:46 AM

Thanks guys! I appreciate all of your replies. I guess I am not the only one who has lost their phone in the past! Well, after looking more yesterday, I could not find my phone anywhere. I guess that I am just going to have to consider it gone for good. Oh well, it is only a phone, at least it was not a tractor!

#17 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 11:04 AM

Just catching up on my reading.... sorry to hear about your phone, I know the feeling, my wallet did a disappearing act Wed am, didn't realize it until that evening, I had set it on the bed rail of the truck when I took my credit card out at the gas pumps then drove away. :mecry: Drivers license, other credit card, hunting/fishing license and about $185.00 in cash plus other "stuff", poof gone. Makes for a sucky, expensive day. :mad2:

#18 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 11:25 AM

Sorry to hear you could not find your phone. I have been lucky with phones. (knock on wood) I had my first phone for two years and then a month before the contract ended it grew wings and flew across the yard. I got my new phone in august and other then the problems that come with a smart phone it has been fine.

Last night I remembered a close call my dad and I had. When we started restoring my Tiger we took it to the car wash after partially dissembling it to get some of the grease off. We finished and then left. After we got to my dad's tire warehouse were we were doing the restorations, we saw that the chain guard was on the edge of the trailer! We forgot to take it off the trailer and put it in the truck were it would be safe, that would have been a bad thing to loose!

#19 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 02:55 PM

Look on the bright side Taylor.... Yes there is a bright side.If you dont have a cell , nobody can find you and bother you. {I hate those things}

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,616 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 11:14 AM

Ah, man. Peter, sorry to hear of your loss too.
I assume you've already cancelled the cards?

#21 JakeKuhn OFFLINE  

JakeKuhn

Wheel Horse Addict

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 9298
  • 183 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 12:52 PM

Sorry to hear about the lost phone taylot. Things like that happen but you may get lucky and find it. I never heard this story until yesterday....when we first got our blueberry farm about 6 years ago my dad was out tilling and ended up losing his wallet,could not find it and figured it got buried. Well about 2 years later he was spraying or something and he saw it sticking up,(probably got tilled up to the ground again. He found it and it still had everything in it including all of the money he had had and his license,and credit cards. Jake
  • MH81 said thank you

#22 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,616 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 11:47 PM

I was hoping you'd say It had sprouted and your money tree was in full bloom ;)

#23 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 11:09 AM

Don't feel bad, like everyone has said it happens to all of us at one time or another. Last year my buddy and I bought a couple of metal buildings so we put his up and then we put mine up. As we were grading the area we were going to put the building at, as I was turning around on the tractor I saw this shinny thing laying in the dirt, yep it was my phone. I'm not sure how many times I had run over it but it still worked. I didn't like that phone anyway so it was a good excuse to get a new one. :)

So don't beat your self up over it, just caulk it up to an experience.